This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Bridging the Gap Between DEXRON®-II and Type F ATF
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1979 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An automatic transmission fluid has been developed which can meet the needs of transmissions designed for either friction modified or non-friction modified fluids. Approved under the DEXR0N*-II and M2C138-CJ specifications, it also meets all the requirements of the M2C33-F (Type F) specification except for the friction modifier content. Since use of a friction modified fluid in Type F applications would represent a radical departure from current recommended practice, data, both pro and con, on the concept are presented.
CitationDeen, H., O'Halloran, R., Outten, E., and Szykowski, J., "Bridging the Gap Between DEXRON®-II and Type F ATF," SAE Technical Paper 790019, 1979, https://doi.org/10.4271/790019.
- “Automatic Transmission Fluid Specification and Test Procedures”, M2C33-C-D, Ford Motor Publication, December 1964.
- “Automatic Transmission Fluid, Type A, Suffix Identification”, G.M. Publication, November 1957.
- Pearson B. A., Ross W. D., “ATF-Type F Keeps Pace With Fill-For-Life Requirements”, SAE Paper 680037, 1968.
- Anderson R. L. and Hunstad N. A., “DEXRON Automatic Transmission Fluid”, SAE Paper 680038, 1968.
- Anderson R. L., Davison E. D., Goodwin M. C., Haviland M. L. , Osborne R. E. , “DEXRON-II Automatic Transmission Fluid Performance”, SAE Paper 740053, February 1974.
- “Automatic Transmission Fluid Specification”, ESP-M2C138-CJ, Ford Motor Publication, December 1975.
- Deen H. E., O'Halloran R., Outten E. F., and Szykowski J. P. , “Progress Toward a Universal ATF in the Service Station”, NPRA Paper 76-66, September 1976.
- “Automatic Transmission Fluid Specification”, EWS-M2C33-F, Ford Motor Publication, February 1978.
- Borden D.,Freedgood A., and Rothert K., “Field and Laboratory Evaluation of Automatic Transmission Fluid”, SAE Paper 660099, January 1966.
- Freedgood A., Mead G. A., and Smith B. H., “Keeping Pace With Automatic Transmission Fluids Technology”, Independent Oil Compounder Association Paper, October 1967.
- Davison E. D. and Haviland M. L., “Fluid Performance in Automatic Transmissions”, SAE Transactions, Vol. 75,1966, Paper 660096.