This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Unwritten History of the Light Diesel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1978 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: National West Coast Meeting
The author candidly relates the development of the automobile diesel from his perspective as an active participant of almost fifty years. Anecdotes about people and companies are recorded for the first time. Problems and successes of the past, as well as areas of future concern are detailed. This first of an expected series on automotive diesel engines brings into focus the state-of-the-art of one alternative to the spark ignition engine.
CitationUnderwood, A., "The Unwritten History of the Light Diesel," SAE Technical Paper 780713, 1978, https://doi.org/10.4271/780713.
- Ricardo H. R. “High-Speed Diesel Engines.” Inst. of Automobile Engineers 1925
- Ricardo H. R. “The Progress of the Internal Combustion Engine During the Last Twenty Years.” International Engineering Congress Glasgow 1938
- Underwood A. F. “The Detroit Diesel is Fifty Years Old - Its First Ten Years.” Diesel Car Digest 2 4 1977
- Cummins, C. L. Jr. “Clessie L. Cummins, Imagineer.” Diesel Car Digest 3 1 1978
- Wood D. “Comparison of 2-Cycle and 4-Cycle Diesel Engines.” Diesel Car Digest 3 1 1978