This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Nonwovens in Automotive Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1978 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper deals with the various fibers used in nonwoven materials. It describes where and why they are used in automobiles.
Included are the history of some products, requirements and test methods of a needled material as well as a glossary of applicable automotive terms.
Typical automotive uses are described in more detail. There is also a brief outline of what might be seen in the future from a fiber, manufacturing or application point of view.
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Recommended Guidelines for Load/Deformation Testing of Elastomeric Components|
|Technical Paper||Halogen Sealed Beam Headlamps|
|Journal Article||Influence of Test Procedure on Friction Behavior and its Repeatability in Dynamometer Brake Performance Testing|
CitationMotte, K., "Nonwovens in Automotive Applications," SAE Technical Paper 780627, 1978, https://doi.org/10.4271/780627.
- Information Services, Fibers Division ALLIED CHEMICAL CORPORATION 1411 Broadway, New York, New York 10018
- Public Relations Department, Fibers Division AMERICAN CYANAMID COMPANY Berdan Avenue, Wayne, New Jersey 07470
- Information Center AMERICAN ENKA CORPORATION Enka, North Carolina 28728
- Public Relations Department CELANESE FIBERS MARKETING COMPANY 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10036
- Public Relations Department DOW BADISCHE COMPANY Williamsburg, Virginia 23185
- Product Information Section, Textile Fibers Dept. E I DU PONT DE NEMOURS & COMPANY, INC. Centre Road Building, Wilmington, Delaware 19898
- Fibers Information, Bldg. 280 EASTMAN CHEMICAL PRODUCTS, INC. P.O. Box 431, Kingsport, Tennessee 37662
- Home Furnishings Division HERCULES, INCORPORATED 910 Market Street, Wilmington, Delaware 19899
- Public Relations Department HOECHST FIBERS INDUSTRIES 1515 Broadway at Astor Plaza New York, New York 10036
- MAN-MADE FIBER PRODUCERS ASSOCIATION, INC. Education Department 1150 Seventeenth Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20036
- Man-Made Fiber Fact Book * Guide to Man-Made Fibers *
- Public Relations Department MONSANTO TEXTILES COMPANY 1114 Avenue of the Americas New York, New York 10036