This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Unregulated Emissions from a PROCO Engine Powered Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1978 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Unregulated emissions, i.e., emissions which are not currently regulated by EPA, have been measured from a 7.5 L (460 CID) PROCO engine powered vehicle operating at 50 kph on a chassis dynamometer. A dilution tube was used. Emphasis was on particulate emissions, which were characterized physically and chemically. A comparison is made to recent similar measurements on Diesel and conventional gasoline powered vehicles.
|Technical Paper||Meeting ISO 8178 Requirements for the Measurement of Diesel Particulates with Partial-Flow Dilution Systems|
|Technical Paper||Influence of Time-Alignment on the Calculation of Mass Emissions on a Chassis Rolls Dynamometer|
CitationMcKee, D., Ferris, F., and Goeboro, R., "Unregulated Emissions from a PROCO Engine Powered Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 780592, 1978, https://doi.org/10.4271/780592.
- Bishop I. N. Simko A. “A New Concept of Stratified Charge Combustion - The Ford Combustion Process (FCP),” SAE Paper 680041 1968
- Simko A. Choma M. A. Repko L. L. “Exhaust Emission Control by the Ford Programmed Combustion Process - PROCO,” SAE Paper 720052 1972
- “Evaluation of a M-151 Jeep and Two 1973 Ford Capris Powered by 141 CID PROCO Stratified Charge Engines,” 1975
- McKee D. E. “Effects of Engine Parameters and Catalyst Composition on Vehicle Sulfate Emissions,” SAE Paper 770167 1977
- Butler J. W. Locke D. N. J. Environmental Sci. Health-Environ. Sei. Eng. All 79 92 1976
- Grimmer G. Hildebrandt A. Bohnke H. B158 35 49 1973
- Ames B. N. McCann J. Yamasaki E. “Methods For Detecting Carcinogens and Mutagens with the Salmonella/Mammalian-Microsome Mutagenicity Test,” Mutation Research 31 347 364 1975
- Springer K. J. Baines T. M. “Emissions From Diesel Versions of Production Passenger Cars,” SAE Paper 770818 1977