This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Engine Control Optimization for Smaller Passenger Cars
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1978 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The optimization on an engine-three way catalyst-vehicle system for best fuel economy under the constraints of emissions and driveability, has been studied for a smaller passenger car with 1.6 litter 4 cylinder engine. Full utilization of a computer was intended for the accumulation of basic data and a search for optimum calibration. An automatic Engine Test System ( AETS ) was developed. The optimum calibration was calculated for the engine-vehicle system with three-way catalyst based on the optimal control theory, and was implemented on an actual vehicle by an engine controller in which a 16 bits microprocessor was used. The results showed good agreement.
|Technical Paper||A Computerized On-Line Approach to Calculating Optimum Engine Calibrations|
|Technical Paper||Automated System for Optimized Calibration of Engine Management Systems|
|Technical Paper||Model-Based Engine Calibration for Best Fuel Efficiency|
CitationMatsumoto, K., Inoue, T., Nakanishi, K., Matsushita, S. et al., "Engine Control Optimization for Smaller Passenger Cars," SAE Technical Paper 780590, 1978, https://doi.org/10.4271/780590.
- Prabhakar R. Citron S.J. Goodson R.E. “Optimization of Automotive Engine Fuel Economy and Emissions”
- Blumberg P.N. “Powertrain Simulation: A Tool for the Design and Evaluation of Control Strategies in Vehicles” SAE Paper 760158
- Meyer D.F. Mangrulkar S.M. “Engine Control by an On-Board Computer” SAE Paper 750433
- Rishavy E.A. Hamilton S.C. Ayers J.A. Keane M.A. “Engine Control Optimization for Best Fuel Economy with Emission Constraints” SAE 770075
- Auiler J.E. Zbrozek J.D. Blumberg P.N. “Optimization of Automotive Engine Calibration for Better Fuel Economy-Methods and Applications” SAE 77076
- Baker R.E. Daby E.E. “Engine Mapping Methodology” SAE Paper 770077
- Cassidy J.F. “A Computerized On-Line Approach to Calculating Optimum Engine Calibrations” SAE 770078
- Vora L.S. “Computerized Five Parameter Engine Mapping” SAE 770079