This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Intracranial Pressure Dynamics During Head Impact
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1977 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Two series of cadaver head impact experiments are presented. Series I consists of individual experiments and Series II multiple sequential impacts on a single specimen. Measured intracranial pressures were correlated with other impact parameters. The use of a linear finite element model is also presented.
CitationNahum, A., Smith, R., and Ward, C., "Intracranial Pressure Dynamics During Head Impact," SAE Technical Paper 770922, 1977, https://doi.org/10.4271/770922.
- Nahum A.M. Smith R. W. “An Experimental Model for Closed Head Impact Injury” Proc. 20th Stapp Car Crash Conf. 1976 SAE 760825
- Roberts V.L. Hodgson V. Thomas L. M. “Fluid Pressure Gradients Caused by Impact to the Human Skull.” ASME paper (66-HUF-1) Biomechanics Monograph 1967
- Lindgren S.O. “Experimental Studies of Mechanical Effects in Head Injury” Acta Chirurgica Scandinavia, Supplementum 360 Stockholm 1966
- Ward C. C. Thompson R. B. “The Development of a Detailed Finite Element Brain Model Proc. 19th Stapp Car Crash Conf. 1975
- Ward C. C. Nikravesch P.E. Thompson R. B. “Biodynamic Finite Element Models Used in Brain Injury Research” Symposium on Biodynamic Models and their Applications Dayton, Ohio February 1977 Journal of Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine
- Ward C. C. “An Analytical Brain Model for Head Impact” Proc.IRCOBI International Conference on Biomechanics of Impact Trauma Berlin, Germany 1977
- “Determination of the Physical Properties of Tissues of the Human Head - Final Report” Biomechanics Laboratories of Department of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics College of Engineering West Virginia University May 1970
- Barber T. W. Brockway J. A. Higgins L. S. “The Density of Tissue in and about the Head” Acta Neurol. Scandinav 46 85 92 1970