This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Procedures Used In Flight Tests of an Integrated Propulsion Control System on an F-111E Airplane
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1976 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A digital integrated propulsion control system (IPCS) was tested on an F-111E airplane. The IPCS provided full authority control of the left inlet and the TF30 afterburning engine. Supersonic test conditions were of primary interest. The operational procedures and maneuvers developed for IPCS evaluation, displays for test monitoring and data acquisition, flight safety, and problems encountered are discussed. The software refinements that made modifications to standard flight test procedures necessary are described. The flexibility of digital control and the ways software was used to overcome hardware deficiencies are discussed. Application of these procedures to a typical IPCS flight is described.
CitationBaer, J., Holzman, J., and Burcham, F., "Procedures Used In Flight Tests of an Integrated Propulsion Control System on an F-111E Airplane," SAE Technical Paper 760933, 1976, https://doi.org/10.4271/760933.
- Burcham, Frank W. Jr. Batterton Peter G. “Flight Experience With a Digital Integrated Propulsion Control System on an F-111E Airplane.” AIAA Paper 76-653 July 1976
- Johnson Harold J. Painter Weneth D. “The Development and Flight Test of an Electronic Integrated Propulsion Control System.” Soc. of Flight Test Engineers Seventh Annual Symposium Proceedings Aug. 1976 12-1 12-19
- Lampard G. W. N. Batka J. J. “Development of an Integrated Propulsion Control System.” AIAA Paper 75-1178 Sept. 1975
- Carlin C. M. Hastings W. J. “Use of a Digital Computer in an Integrated Propulsion Control System.” SAE Paper 760885 Nov. 1976
- “Integrated Propulsion Control System (IPCS) Final Report. Vol. I-Summary, Vol. II-Technical Description. Vol. III-Flight Test Report. Vol. IV-Methodology.” Air Force Aero-Propulsion Lab., Wright-Patterson AFB Aug. 1976