This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Testing ROPS and FOPS for Safety Compliance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1976 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Simplified testing procedures which fulfill the loading requirements of SAE Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) Code J1040a have been developed. Also, a tubular fixture was devised which accurately directs the drop object toward the overhead guard as required by Falling Object Protective Structure (FOPS) Code J231.
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Overhead Protection for Agricultural Tractors - Test Procedures and Performance Requirements|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Personnel Protection - Skid Steer Loaders|
|Technical Paper||Roll-Over Protective Structures for Farm and Construction Tractors - A 50-Year Review|
CitationWetjen, R., "Testing ROPS and FOPS for Safety Compliance," SAE Technical Paper 760689, 1976, https://doi.org/10.4271/760689.
- Klose G. L. “Engineering Basics of Roll Over Protective Structures.” SAE Transactions 78 1969 690569
- Arndt James F. “Roll Over Protective Structures for Farm and Construction Tractors - A 50 Year Review.” SAE Transactions 80 1971 710508
- Weed Robert Davis Hartwell C. “ROPS Safety Compliance Testing.” SAE Transacations 80 1971 710694
- Baumeister Theodore “Marks Mechanical Engineer's Handbook.” New York McGraw-Hill Book Company 1964
- “FCIM Industry is Making Concern for the Operator a High-Priority Objective.” SAE Journal 79 Sept. 1971 9
- Kleinlogel A. “Rigid Frame Formulas.” New York, New York Frederick Ungar Publishing Co. 1958
- Seeley Fred B. Smith James O. “Advanced Mechanics of Materials.” New York, New York John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 1952
- Macarus William P. “Design and Testing of Rollover Protective Structures in Accordance with SAE J395.” SAE Transactions 80 1971 710509
- SAE Recommended Practices: Performance Criteria for Roll Over Protective Structures (ROP S) for Earthmoving, Construction, Logging and Industrial Vehicles - SAE J1040a, Minimum Performance Criteria for Falling Object Protective Structures FOPS) - SAE J231; Deflection Limiting Volume for Laboratory Evaluation of Roll Over Protective Structures (ROPS) and Falling Object Protective Structures (FOPS) of Construction and Industrial Vehicles - SAE J397a