This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
TESTING AND DESIGN APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR HYDRAULIC HOSE ASSEMBLIES
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1976 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The expanding use of hydraulic components in off-highway machines has increased the need to be able to properly select these components to insure adequate service life when used as a part of a complete machine. This paper shows how a design engineer can match expected component service loads with the capability of hydraulic hose assemblies as determined by durability type tests in the laboratory. The paper shows how existing SAE impulse type tests can be used to generate “Pressure-Life Curves”. The selection of a hydraulic hose based on “Pressure-Life Curves” and the expected service history is illustrated.
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Cumulative Damage Analysis for Hydraulic Hose Assemblies|
|Technical Paper||Nonwovens in Automotive Applications|
|Technical Paper||Corrosion Protection of Car Bodies in Finland|
CitationBerns, H., "TESTING AND DESIGN APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR HYDRAULIC HOSE ASSEMBLIES," SAE Technical Paper 760684, 1976, https://doi.org/10.4271/760684.
- Fluid Power Testing Symposium Milwaukee School of Engineering and the Fluid Power Society Milwaukee, Wisconsin 11-14 August 1975
- 1975 SAE Handbook SAE J517c Hydraulic Hose and SAE J343b Test and Procedures for SAE 100R Series Hydraulic Hose and Hose Assemblies
- NFPA/T2.6.1- 1974 Method for Verifying the Fatigue and Statis Pressure Ratings of the Pressure Containing Envelope of a Metal Fluid Power Component
- Timken Engineering Journal Timken Company Canton, Ohio
- Bearing Technical Journal FMC Corporation, Link Belt Bearing Division Indianapolis, Indiana
- The “DS” (Drive Severity) Number System, A Method of Evaluating the Drive Design of an Existing or Proposed Belt System Raybestos, Manhattan, Inc. Passaic, N.J.
- Gates Agricultural V-Belt Drive Design Manual 1972 Gates Rubber Company Denver, Colorado
- Meyer James E. “High-Temperature Hydraulic Hose” Machine Design July 23 1970
- Berns Henry D. “Evaluation of Testing Variables on Hydraulic Hose Fatigue Life” Mississippi Valley Section SAE Meeting Dubuque, Iowa 25 January 1973
- Bonner W. T. “Confessions of a Hose Tester” Seventh Annual Fluid Power Research Conference. Paper No. P73-RQ4 Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Phillips R. M. Roberts G. A. “New Development in Hose Failure” Eighth Annual Fluid Power Research Conference, Paper No. P74-28 Stillwater, Oklahoma October 1974