This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Simulation of Diesel Engine Combustion Noise
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1976 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In the present work, an attempt was made to predict engine noise from the shape of the burning rate curve. Thus, the influence of the shape of the burning rate curve on engine noise, especially on combustion noise was studied in detail and clarification of the relationship was successfully made.
At first, an approximation of burning rate curve using a function was attempted. And in second, the transfer rate from cylinder pressure to combustion noise was obtained.
Then, the relation between the deciding parameters of burning rate curve and noise and performance of engine were studied.
|Technical Paper||Analysis Techniques of Combustion Noise and Vibrations in Diesel Engines|
|Technical Paper||Noise of Diesel Engines Under Transient Conditions|
CitationMurayama, T., Kojima, N., and Satomi, Y., "A Simulation of Diesel Engine Combustion Noise," SAE Technical Paper 760552, 1976, https://doi.org/10.4271/760552.
- Murayama T. Kojima N. “Studies on the Combustion Noise in Diesel Engine-1st Report Separation of Combustion Noise from Engine Nise.” Bulletin of the JSME 18 118 1975
- Sitkei G. “Kraftstoffaufbereitung und Verbrennung bei Dieselmotor.” Springer-Verlag 1964
- Shimanouchi T. “Computer Programs for Normal Coordinates.”
- Handbook of Mechanical Engineering 11-211 JSME 1968
- Tanishita I. “Industrial Thermodynamics.” Shokabo 1963
- Woschni G. MTZ 26 1964-5 4
- Kido K. Data of RC-SC 35 of JSME 1973