This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Diesel Vehicles?-Crude Oil Scene
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1976 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
IT IS WELL RECOGNIZED that the idling and part load fuel economy of diesel engines are better than throttled controlled spark ignition gasoline engines. Using well known principles the explanations for the difference are presented. Fuel consumption rate for similar engines and mileage for similar weight vehicles are presented in graphical form.
Trends of demand, supply and reserve of crude oil for the World and the United States are shown in graphical form.
Future supply scenario of crude oil is presented. The cost of making synthetic crude from coal is very roughly predicted.
CitationUyehara, O., "Diesel Vehicles?-Crude Oil Scene," SAE Technical Paper 760210, 1976, https://doi.org/10.4271/760210.
- Cantwell E. N. “The Effect of Automotive Exhaust Emission Control Systems on Fuel Economy.” DuPont publications January 1974
- Roensch M. M. “High Compression Engine Performance.” Thermal Efficiency and Mechanical Losses of Automotive Engines SAE National Passenger Car, Body and Production Meeting Detroit March 10 1949
- Obert E. R. Internal Combustion Engines and Air Pollution Intext Educational Publishers New York 1973
- Lichty L. C. Combustion Engine Processes McGraw-Hill 1967
- Taylor and Taylor The Internal Combustion Engine International Textbook Company 1961
- Priede T. P. Organized Diesel Engine Noise Conference Milwaukee, Wisconsin September 1975
- Shoemaker G. F. Gadebusch H. M. “Effect of Diesel Fuel Economy on High-Speed Transportation.” SAE Trans. 54 4
- Haas H. H. Klinge E. R. “The Continental 750-Horsepower Aircooled Diesel Engine.” SAE Trans. 65 1957 641
- Pitchford J. H. “The Development of the Small Automotive Diesel in Western Europe and its Likely Role in the U.S.A.,” SAE National West Coast Meeting San Francisco, California August 1960
- Union Oil Economy Runs
- E.P.A. Fuel Economy Data
- Hubbert M. K. “Resources and Man,” W. H. Freeman and Company San Francisco 1969
- Furlong L. E. Effron E. Vernon L. W. Wilson E. L. “Coal Liquefaction by the Exxon Donor Solvent Process” 1975 National AICHE Meeting Los Angeles, California November 18 1975
- Stotter, H. H. “The H-Coal Pilot Plant Program,” Coal Processing Technology 2 New York AICHE 1975
- Yavorsky, P. M. Akhtar S. Lacey J.J. Weintraub M. Reznik A. A. “The Synthoil Process,” Chem. Engr. Prog. 71 4 79 1975