This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effects of Pressure Variations and Combustion Duration on the Emission of Hydrocarbons and Nitric Oxide
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1976 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Emissions of nitric oxide and hydrocarbons are affected by various parameters, combustion duration interval being one of them that can alter the levels of nitric oxide in the exhaust. To some extent hydrocarbon emission depends upon the temperature particularly near the walls. Changes in combustion duration interval alters pressure history in the chamber by changing maximum pressure, rate of pressure rise and the time required for the maximum pressure to occur. This study looks at the relative effects of this on the nitric oxide formation and investigates the hydrocarbon emission when the flame initiation point is changed.
|Technical Paper||Effects of Spark Location and Combustion Duration on Nitric Oxide and Hydrocarbon Emissions|
|Technical Paper||EMISSIONS STUDY OF OXYGEN ENRICHED AIR|
CitationVarde, K. and Lucas, G., "Effects of Pressure Variations and Combustion Duration on the Emission of Hydrocarbons and Nitric Oxide," SAE Technical Paper 760142, 1976, https://doi.org/10.4271/760142.
- Blumberg P. Kummer J. T. “Prediction of NO formation in S.I. engine- an analysis of method of control” Combustion Science and Tech. 4 73 1971
- Muzio L. Newhall H. Starkman E. S. “Spatial and Temporal history of nitrogen oxides in S.I. combustion chamber” Paper C138/71 presented at Conference on Air Pollution in Transport Engines Solihull, England 1971
- Varde K. S. Lucas G. G. “Analysis of nitric oxide formation in S.I. engine with heat transfer and effect of ignition point” SAE Paper No 740189
- Varde K. S. Lucas G. G. “Emissions and spark plug locations” Journal of Automotive Engineering 4 3 1973
- Quader A. A. “Effects of spark location and combustion duration on NO and HC emissions” SAE Paper No 730153
- Komiyama K. Heywood J. B. “Predicting NO emissions and effects of exhaust gas recirculation in S.I. engines” SAE Paper No 730475
- Sarofim A. F. Pohl J. H. “Kinetics of nitric oxide formation in premixed laminar flames” 14th International Symposium on Combustion 1972
- Petterson D. J. “Cylinder Pressure Variations, a fundamental combustion problem” SAE Paper No 660129 1966