This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Diester Synthetic Lubricants For Automotive and Diesel Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1975 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
New diester-type synthetic lubricants are being developed and tested for automotive and diesel applications. These new lubricants potentially offer fuel savings, extended oil drain intervals, longer engine life, cleaner engines, reduced down time, labor savings, easier winter starting, and faster warmup.
Standard passenger car engine sequence and extended sequence testing (SE) have been performed on the diester lubricants in an effort to substantiate long drain potential. Diesel testing has included Mack, General Motors, and Caterpillar engines. Field test data has been and is currently being generated for both passenger cars and diesels. Preliminary field data substantiates the long drain capability of synthetic lubricants based on diesters.
|Technical Paper||Automotive Fuel Economy--Potential Improvement Through Selected Engine and Gear Lubricants|
|Technical Paper||A History of Aircraft Piston Engine Lubricants|
|Technical Paper||Study of Automotive Gear Lubrication at Low Temperatures|
CitationBoehringer, R., "Diester Synthetic Lubricants For Automotive and Diesel Applications," SAE Technical Paper 750686, 1975, https://doi.org/10.4271/750686.
- March 18 1968 Military Specification Lubricating Oil, Internal-Combustion Engine, Sub-Zero February 15 1974 Military Specification on Lubricating Oil, Internal Combustion Engine
- Gunderson R.C. Hart A.W. “Synthetic Lubricants.” New York Reinhold Publishing Corp. 1962
- Bowan Thomas C. “Development of Internal-Combustion Engine Lubricants For Suz-Zero Operation,” National Technical Information Service (NTIS) 1969
- Purchase Description for Lubricating Oil, Internal-Combustion Engine, Sub-Zero July 15 1968 U. S. Army Material Command
- Detroit Diesel-Allison Division, General Motors Corp. Detroit, Michigan