This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Use of a Logic Electronic Device for Detection and Evaluation of Mechanical Defects of Vehicle Gearboxes in the Inspection Room
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1974 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A gear noise control device for quality inspection in the production line is presented. Through analysis of the noise coming from the gear housing, this device can detect gear defects like nicks, eccentricities, and noisiness. It has proved reliable and not sensitive to external environmental condition changes.
CitationGalotto, C., Giorcelli, C., Levizzari, G., and Ruspa, G., "The Use of a Logic Electronic Device for Detection and Evaluation of Mechanical Defects of Vehicle Gearboxes in the Inspection Room," SAE Technical Paper 740951, 1974, https://doi.org/10.4271/740951.
- Niemann G. and Hösel Th., “Geräuschuntersuchungen an schrägverzahnten Stirnrädern-Einfluss von Drehzahl und Belastung, Verzahnungsdaten und Zahnfehlern.” Konstruktion im Maschinen-Apparate - und Gerätebau 18 Jahrg 1966 - Heft 4.
- Nakamura K., “Experimental Studies about the Effects of Dynamic Load upon Gear Noise.” Bulletin of ISME, Vol. 10, No. 37 (1967), pp. 180-188.
- Nakamura K., “Tooth Separations and Abnormal Noise on Power-Transmission Gears.” Bulletin of ISME, Vol. 10, No 41 (1967), pp. 846-854.
- Attia A. Y., “Effect of Change of Pitch on Gear Noise.” J. of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 18(1) (1971), pp. 129-137.
- Beuler E., “Manufacture of Shored Transmission Gears for Minimum Noise.” SAE Transactions, Vol 77, (1968), paper 680051.
- Attia A. Y., “Dynamic Loading on Spur Gear Teeth.” Trans. ASME, Ser. B, Vol. 81 (1959), pp. 1-9.
- Weichbrodt B. “Mechanical Signature Analysis, a New Tool for Product Assurance and Early Fault Detection” Paper presented at the 5th Reliability and Maintainability Conference sponsored by AIAA, SAE and ASME, New York, July 18-20, 1966.
- Newton E. W., “Measuring Rolling Vibration of Hypoid Gear.” Paper 710117 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress, Detroit, January 1971.
- Pitts L. S., “Bevel and Hypoid Gear Noise Reduction.” Paper 720734 presented at SAE National Combined Farm, Construction & Industrial Machinery and Powerplant Meetings, Milwaukee, September 1972.