This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
J58/YF-12 Ejector Nozzle Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1974 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Lockheed YF-12 aircraft uses a blow-in door ejector nozzle, which consists of a variable area, primary nozzle mounted on the afterburner of a Pratt & Whitney Aircraft J58 engine and blow-in doors, a convergent-divergent spool piece, and variable exit area free-floating flaps integrated into a Lockheed YF-12 airframe. Performance data from cold-flow, wind tunnel models and hot-flow, static stand models were correlated and compared with actual flight test data. It was found that these data showed agreement when both internal thermodynamic and external aerodynamic effects were considered.
CitationHerrick, P., "J58/YF-12 Ejector Nozzle Performance," SAE Technical Paper 740832, 1974, https://doi.org/10.4271/740832.
- Cotter H. N. “JT11 Turbojet Engine Exhaust Systems.” Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Report FR-265 Oct. 10 1961
- Swavely C. E. “Scale Model Test of an Axisymmetric Blow-In Door Ejector.” Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Report FR-773 Dec. 23 1963
- Swavely C. E. “Windtunnel Tests of a Slotted Shroud Ejector.” Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Report FR-963 Mar. 30 1964
- Leitner M. I. “A Preliminary Report on the Influence of Wing Flow Field on the Performance of the A-12 Blow-In Door Ejector.” Lockheed Report SP-756 Dec. 14 1964
- Goldsmith V. E. “Hot Flow Ejector Program.” Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Report SMR FR-2034 Aug. 1 1966
- Herrick P. W. “Hot Flow Ejector Performance-A Theoretical Prediction Technique.” Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Report FR-2722 Feb. 7 1968
- Bernstein A. Heiser W. H. Hevenor C. “Compound-Compressible Nozzle Flow.” Jrl. of Applied Mechanics 34 September 1967 548 554
- Roan V. P. “On the Turbulent Mixing of Semi-Contained Compressible Streams at Constant Pressure and Small Relative Flow Angles.” University of Illinois Urbana, Illinois June 1966
- Albertson M. L. et al. “Diffusion of Submerged Jets.” Proceedings American Society of Civil Engineers 74 1948 1751
- Abramovich G. N. “The Theory of Turbulent Jets.” Cambridge, Mass MIT Press 1963
- Swavely C. E. “Performance of the JT11 D-20 Ejector in the YF-12A Aircraft.” Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Internal Report Dec. 1 1964
- Swavely C. E. “Prediction of Installed Blow-In Door Ejector Exhaust Nozzle Performance in Wing-Mounted Installations.” Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Report FR-2518 Nov. 14 1967