This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Driveline Splines and Axial Motion Mechanisms
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1974 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a discussion of various types of splines and axial motion mechanisms suitable for typical highway and off-highway vehicles. The description, function, design, manufacturing, material selection, and surface treatments as well as lubrication and sealing of these devices are discussed in varying detail.
|Technical Paper||A New Concept in Driveline Slip Splines|
|Technical Paper||Gear and Spline Testing|
CitationWagner, E., "Driveline Splines and Axial Motion Mechanisms," SAE Technical Paper 740670, 1974, https://doi.org/10.4271/740670.
- Dudley D. W. “How to Design Involute Splines.” Product Engineering Oct. 28 1957 75 80
- Dudley D. W. “When Splines Need Stress Control.” Product Engineering Dec. 23 1957 56 61
- Potgieter F. M. “Germans Develop Unique Universal Joints.” SAE Journal 00 September 1958
- Andrew S. Henton M. J. “The Effect of Material, Heat Treatment, Surface Treatment, and Production Method on the Strength of Splined Shafts.” The Motor Industry Research Association England 1962
- Michigan Tool Co. Roto-Flo Spline and Serration Standards Bulletin RFSSS-63 1963
- Cooney C. E. “Design and Application of Universal Joints for Off-Highway Vehicles.” SAE Trans. 74 1965 650681
- Cooney C. E. “Practical Procedures for Designing and Analyzing a Tandem Truck Driveline.” SAE Trans. 75 1966 660413
- Young J. R. “Truck Driveline Slip.” Paper 660415 presented at SAE Mid-Year Meeting Detroit June 1966
- McCardell W. B. Mahoney J. Cameron D. “Design Practice Automotive Driveline Splines and Serrations.” Paper 680009 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1968
- Burke P. E. Fisher W. “Design and Analysis Procedures for Shafts and Splines.” Paper 680024 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1968
- Kayser J. A. Groves W. T. “A New Concept in Driveline Slip Splines.” Paper 680118 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1968
- Chironis N. P. “Dressing Splines in Nylon Proves to Extend Their Life.” Product Engineering April 1968 42 44