This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
First Results of Exact Accident Data Acquisition on Scene
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1974 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
For one year now, an interdisciplinary team (engineers, physicians and a psychologist) has been working on an analysis of accident occurences, in Hannover. The accident causes, proceedings and consequences should be analysed by as precise and accurate methods of data acquisition as possible on the scene of the accident.
First results show that only 36% of the accident causes could have been avoided or at least reduced. The remaining 64% of the accidents were based on human failings which cannot be changed or only changed with great difficulty.
The analysis of accidents involving pedestrians showed that the more serious injuries were due to the impact with the vehicle and not the road surface.
CitationWanderer, U. and Weber, H., "First Results of Exact Accident Data Acquisition on Scene," SAE Technical Paper 740568, 1974, https://doi.org/10.4271/740568.
- Undeutsch Udo 1962
- Cromack J. R. Williamson T. R. “Human/Psychological Factors in Multidisciplinary Accident Investigations.” Southwest Research Institut 1970
- Händel K. 1961 39 42
- Taneda K. Kondo M. Higuchi K. “Experiment on Passenger Car and Dummy Collision.” Inter. Conference on the Biokinetics of Impact Amsterdam June 1973
- McLean A. J. “Car Shape and Pedestrian Injury.” National Road Safety Symposium Camberra March 1972
- Kühnel A. Rau H. Institut für Kraftfahrzeuge, Technische Universität Berlin 1973
- Ryan G. A. McLean A. J. “Pedestrian Survival.” Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 9. Stapp Conference 1965
- Kamigawa S. Schmidt G. “Beziehungen zwischen Aufprallgeschwindigkeit, Fahrzeugbeschädigungen, Frakturen und Wurfweite bei 50 tödlichen Fußgänger-PKW-Unfällen.” Journal of Legal Medicin Springer Verlag Heidelberg 1970
- Mackay G. M. “Injury to Pedestrians.” Committee on the Challenges of Modern Society Brussels, Belgium February 1972