This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fuel Injection Diagnostic Techniques for Shop Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1974 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Fleet Week
Four basic shop techniques for diagnosing diesel fuel injection systems are described, along with remarks concerning the advantages and disadvantages of each. Standard fuel injection systems in current use are treated in the discussions and design suggestions are offered that can expedite diagnosis. Argument is given for the application of the complete system diagnosis technique. The requirements for obtaining this diagnostic technique are related for both current and future fuel injection systems.
CitationHambright, R., "Fuel Injection Diagnostic Techniques for Shop Applications," SAE Technical Paper 740533, 1974, https://doi.org/10.4271/740533.
- Miller R. D. Sohl R. A. “The Need for Diagnostic Systems to Service Agricultural Machinery.” Paper 73-143 1973 Annual Meeting for American Society of Agricultural Engineers Lexington, Ky. June 1973
- Hambright R. N. Wood C. D. “Vehicle Diagnostic Systems: The State-of-the-Art.” Paper No. 73-144 1973 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers Lexington, Ky. June 1973
- Burman P. G. De Luca F. “Fuel Injection and Controls for Internal Combustion Engines.” New York Simmons Boardman Publishing Co. 1963
- “Internal Combustion Engines.” Scranton Obert International Textbook Co. 1968
- “Fuel Injection Equipment for Diesel Engines.” Bosch Robert Technical Instruction Manual Stuttgard, Germany 1972
- “Shop Manual for Detroit Diesel Series 53.”
- “Shop Manual for Detroit Diesel Series 71.”
- “Roosa Master Operation and Instruction Manual for Model D Pumps.”
- “Roosa Master Operation and Instruction Manual for Model DC Pumps.”
- “American Bosch Service Instructions for Nozzle Holders and Spray Nozzles.”
- “Cummins Diesel Engines Unit Shop Manual.” Group 5 Fuel Pump PT Rebuilding and Calibration, Group 6 Injectors PT
- “Bacharack Diesel Test and Service Equipment Catalog.” 1973
- “Assembling and Test Stand Instructions, L'Orange Injection Systems.”
- “Degamo/AVL Engine Instrumentation Catalog.” 1973
- “Injection Pumps, Dismantling Reassembly Settings and Maintenance Manual.”
- “American Bosch Fuel Injection Systems Equipment and Service Manual.”
- “CAV Distributor Type Fuel Injection Pumps with Mechanical or Hydraulic Governors.” Workshop Manual
- “Installation Maintenance and Overhaul Instructions for Bendix Diesel Fuel Injection FB-FBC-FBR-FBX Series Pumps and HB Series Nozzles.”
- “Service Instructions Type PRS Fuel Injection Pumps.” Colt Industries, Engine Accessories Div.
- “Service Manual for Bryce Fuel Injection Equipment, U-Sized Injector and E Size Flange Mounted Pump.”
- “CAV Distributor Type Fuel Injection Pumps With Mechanical or Hydraulic Governors.” Workshop Manual