This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Rotary Engines - A Fuel and Lubricant Composition Study
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1974 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In former papers, results of the study of test methods for wear and preignition in the NSU RO 80 engine were given. Conclusions were reached on the effects of the quantity and the viscosity of engine oils, the influence of the apex seal materials, the speed, the load, and the temperatures (coolant and oil). This paper is devoted first to a study of sulfur compounds and lead antiknock additives in the fuel (wear versus sulfur, lead, and scavengers contents), and second to a study of lubricating oils.
|Technical Paper||Development on Exhaust Emissions and Fuel Economy of the Rotary Engine at Toyo Kogyo|
|Technical Paper||The Rotary Engine of the NSU Spider|
|Technical Paper||Lubricant Studies in Rotary-Combustion Engines|
Citationdu Jeu, J. and Brandone, B., "Rotary Engines - A Fuel and Lubricant Composition Study," SAE Technical Paper 740160, 1974, https://doi.org/10.4271/740160.
- Ward, H. M. III, Griffith M. J., Miller G. E., and Stephenson D. K., “Outboard Marine Corp's., Production Rotary Combustion-Snowmobile Engine.” Paper 730119 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress, Detroit, January 1973.
- Souillard G. J. and Van Quaethoven F. F., “Lubrication of the Wankel Rotary Engine.” Paper 730047 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress, Detroit, January 1973.
- Behling R. D. and Weise E., “Lubricant and Fuel Requirements and General Performances Data of Wankel Rotary Piston Engines.” Paper 730048 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress, Detroit, January 1973.
- Russel J. A., Lestz S.J., and Gray J.T., “Air Cooled Rotary Engines-A Fuels and Lubricants Study.” Paper 730046 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress, Detroit, January 1973.
- SAE Meeting, Detroit, 1973. Oral discussion on rotary engines fuels and lubricants at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress, Detroit, January 1973.
- Rogers T.V., Lemke W., Lefevre J., and Ohzawa T., “Lubricant Studies in Rotary Combustion Engines.” Paper 720467 presented at SAE National Automobile Engineering Meeting, Detroit, May 1972.
- Brandone B. and du Jeu Jh., “Etude du graissage moteurs rotatifs.” SIA and AFTP, common session, Paris (France), Oct. 20, 1972.
- Brandone B. and du Jeu Jh., “Studie uber die Schmierung von Kreiskolbenmotoren.” MZV-UNITI, Stuttgart (Germany), March 28-30, 1973.
- du Jeu Jh. and Lagarde F., “Le préallumage destructif sur moteurs multicylindres.” Meeting “Société des Ingénieurs de l'Automobile” (SIA), Paris (France), Nov. 7, 1966.