This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation of Captive Flight Aircraft Store Vibrations
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1973 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Traditional assembled store vibration testing techniques do not realistically simulate a store's captive flight environment. Extensive flight and laboratory testing has shown that an integrated acoustic and vibration shaker technique can realistically reproduce a store's captive flight vibration environment.
This paper describes acoustic tests on six flight instrumented stores, giving details of physical setup, test procedure, and test results. Test procedures and analysis of test data are presented for those stores used to evaluate vibration shaker testing techniques.
|Technical Paper||Development of a Lightweight Sound Package for 2006 Brand-New Vehicle Categorized as C|
|Technical Paper||CAE Interior Cavity Model Validation using Acoustic Modal Analysis|
CitationBurkhard, A., "Simulation of Captive Flight Aircraft Store Vibrations," SAE Technical Paper 730938, 1973, https://doi.org/10.4271/730938.
- Dreher J. F. et al. “Vibracoustic Environment and Test Criteria for Aircraft Stores During Captive Flight.” Shock and Vibration Bulletin 39 April 1969 15 40
- Military Specification “Testing Store Suspension Equipment, General Specification for.”
- Glasson K. “Vibration Test, M.G.G.B. (MK 84 Electro Optical Guided Bomb w/Range Extension System), S/N MS 002.” Picatinny Arsenal Applications and Evaluation Division Test Report No. 81-71 July 1971
- Dreher J. F. “The Effect of Tailfins on the Vibracoustic Environment of Externally Carried Aircraft Stores.” Shock and Vibration Bulletin 41 December 1970 33 43
- Kolb A. W. Magrath H. A. “RTD Sonic Fatigue Facility, Design and Performance Characteristics.” Shock and Vibration Bulletin 37 January 1968 17 41
- Burkhard A. H. “Captive Flight Acoustic Test Criteria for Aircraft Stores.” Shock and Vibration Bulletin 43 1973 113 126
- White R. W. “Theoretical Study of Acoustic Simulation of In-Flight Environments.” Shock and Vibration Bulletin 37 January 1968 55 75
- Christiansen R. G. “Results of Vibration Feasibility Study of CONDOR Missile.” Naval Weapons Center China Lake January 13 1971
- Trotter W. D. Muth D. V. “Combined-Axis Vibration Testing of the SRAM Missile.” Shock and Vibration Bulletin 42 January 1972 39 48
- Marshall G. “Laboratory Simulation of Flight Vibration in the MK-82 Bomb.” AFFDL in-house Test Report August 1970
- Military Standards “Environmental Test Methods.”