This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Low-Emission and High-Performance 2-Stroke Gasoline Engine (NiCE)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1973 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An important advantage of the 2-stroke cycle gasoline engine is that its emission of NOx is very low. Experimental models of this engine showed that its percentage of exhaust gas contaminants could be made sufficiently low to meet the specified 1976 standard. Proper control of gas flow into the cylinder produced smooth combustion at idling. Thus, in the experimental model described in this paper, the usual draw-backs of the conventional engine (vibration, noise, knocking) have been eliminated so that vibration, power output, and fuel consumption are comparable to those found in a 4-stroke engine, without using an exhaust treatment system.
|Technical Paper||Measurement and Analysis of Knock in a SI Engine Using the Cylinder Pressure and Block Vibration Signals|
|Technical Paper||The New 3-Liter 6-Cylinder Engine with 4-valve Technology for the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster|
CitationJo, S., Jo, P., Gomi, T., and Ohnishi, S., "Development of a Low-Emission and High-Performance 2-Stroke Gasoline Engine (NiCE)," SAE Technical Paper 730463, 1973, https://doi.org/10.4271/730463.
- Jo Pan Do Jo Souk Hong “A Way of Measuring the Air Flow in the Cylinder of a Two-Stroke Engine.” SAE of Japan, Trans. 2 1971
- Jo Pan Do Jo Souk Hong “Improvement in Idling Operation of Small Two-Stroke Gasoline Engine.” 711, Congress, SAE of Japan
- Wille R. ATZ 5 1941
- Ohigashi S. et al. “Combustion Fluctuation in Small Two-Stroke Gasoline Engine.” 43rd Kansai District Congress of JSME March 1968
- Yamada H. Matsuoka S. “On the Combustion Fluctuation of Crankcase Compression Two-Stroke Gasoline Engine.” 13th Tokai District Congress of JSME March 1964
- Higashino I. et al. “Distribution of Indicated Mean Effective Pressure of Two-Stroke Gasoline Engine at Idling Time.” 44th Kansai District Congress of JSME March 1969
- Ohnishi S. Report of JARI Combustion and Exhaust Emission Research Committee March 1972
- Yui S. Ohnishi S. “A New Concept of Stratified Charge Two-Stroke Engine Yui and Ohnishi Combustion Process.” Paper 690468 presented at SAE Mid-Year Meeting Chicago May 1969