This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Noise Legislation and Its Implications to Industry
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1973 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Noise control has been greatly accelerated by recent legislation affecting industry and its products. The overall effect is still far from complete since the standards provided for by the Noise Control Act of 1972 have not been established.
This paper considers the historic cases and laws in the United States which have had and will have the effect of bringing quiet to the citizens of this country. The legal developments included are, Wisconsin's Occupational Hearing Loss Compensation Law, the Walsh-Healey Act, Occupational Safety and Health Act, the Chicago Noise Ordinance, and the Noise Control Act of 1972. A review of the standards presented by each piece of legislation will be given, and their effects on both industry and its products will be pointed out.
CitationBaxa, D., "Noise Legislation and Its Implications to Industry," SAE Technical Paper 730435, 1973, https://doi.org/10.4271/730435.
- Gould D.C. “Control of Noise 12.” Des Plaines, III. American Foundrymen's Society, Inc. 1972
- “SSSHHICAGO-New Noise Regulations.” Departmen of Environmental Control July 1 1971
- “Senate S18638-S18643.” Congressional Record/H.R. 11021 Oct. 18 1972
- “Occupational Exposure to Noise.” U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare/HSM 73-11001 1972
- Whitehorn N.C. “Noise Pollution: Effects and Control.” Marine Advisory Bulletin Commerce/TAMU-SC-72-510 June 1972
- Yerges L.F. “Noise-A Costly and Unnecessary Pollutant.” ASME Publication/72-Pet-7 June 2 1972
- “Environmental Currents.” Department of Environmental Control November 1972
- “Noise from Construction Equipment and Operations, Building Equipment, and Home Appliances.” U.S. Environmental Protection Agency/NTID300.1 Dec. 31 1971
- “Noise from Industrial Plants.” U.S. Environmental Protection Agency/NTID300.2 Dec. 31 1971
- “Noise Control Becoming Big Business.” Machine Design 45 Jan. 25 1973 8
- “Laws and Regulatory Schemes for Noise Abatement.” U.S. Environmental Protection Agency/NTID300.4 Dec. 31 1971