This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
“Quiet” Aspects of the Pratt & Whitney Aircraft JT15D Turbofan
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1973 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the engine design details of the Pratt & Whitney JT15D-1 engine as related to noise generation. Design principles and factors contributing to the very low-noise levels on the Cessna Citation aircraft are illustrated. Noise testing experiences and data from static tests on the United Aircraft of Canada Ltd. (UACL) flight test aircraft and from both static and flight tests on the Citation aircraft are discussed. Lessons learned from these tests and some future probabilities are outlined.
CitationPlucinsky, J., "“Quiet” Aspects of the Pratt & Whitney Aircraft JT15D Turbofan," SAE Technical Paper 730289, 1973, https://doi.org/10.4271/730289.
- Sofrin T. G. McCann J. C. “Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Experience in Compressor-Noise Reduction.” Presented at the Acoustical Society of America 72nd Meeting Los Angeles November 1966
- Smith M. J. T. House M. E. “Internally Generated Noise From Gas Turbine Engines. Measurement and Prediction.” Jrl. of Engineering for Power April 1967
- Benzakein M. J. Kazin S. B. “Fan Compressor Noise Reduction.” ASME, paper No. 69-GT-9
- Benzakein M. J. Kazin S. B. “Some Experimental Results on Lift Fan Noise Reduction.” AIAA, paper No. 71-743
- Benzakein M. J. “Research on Fan Noise Generation.” The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 51 5 1972
- “Federal Aviation Regulation Part 21, Certification Procedures for Products and Parts; Part 36, Noise Standards: Aircraft Type Certification.” December 1969
- Lowson M. V. “Rotor Noise Radiation in Non-Uniform Flow.” Aerodynamic Noise Symposium Laughborough University September 1970
- Glenny D. E. “Ingestion of Debris into Intakes by Vortex Action.” NGTE Pyestock, C. P. No. 1114 1970
- Hoch Rene “A Method for Calculating the Effect of Ground Reflections on Jet Noise Spectra.” SNECMA-Paris, prepared for the SAE Committee A21 Meeting 29 February 1970
- “Jet Noise Prediction.” SAE AIR 876 1965
- International Civil Aviation Organization “Aircraft Noise.” Annex 16 to the Convention of International Civil Aviation August 1971
- Tyler J. M. Sofrin T. G. “Axial Flow Compressor Noise Studies.” Pratt & Whitney Aircraft SAE Transactions 70 1962