This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Error Analysis of the Resonant Beam Rubber Testing Machine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1973 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Dynamic analysis of the resonant beam machine is presented. Equations typically used to determine the dynamic properties of a rubber product are derived from a simplified model. A complex mathematical model representing a more realistic parametric system identification is formulated. Using the complex model as standard, the errors in the results from the simplified model are identified quantitatively, and it is shown they can be considerable. The sensitivity of the errors to the system parameter variations is also shown. These machine errors may be virtually eliminated by measuring the transmitted force and displacement across the sample.
CitationPaul, A. and Hillberry, B., "Error Analysis of the Resonant Beam Rubber Testing Machine," SAE Technical Paper 730265, 1973, https://doi.org/10.4271/730265.
- Paul A. S. “Study of the Resonant-Beam Machine Used to Determine the Dynamic Properties of Rubber Products.” Purdue University August 1971
- Anderson R. A. “Fundamentals of Vibrations.” New York The Macmillan Co. 1967
- Thomson W. T. “Vibration Theory and Applications.” Englewood Cliffs, N. J. Prentice-Hall, Inc. 1965
- Cardillo R. M. “Dynamic Testing of Automotive Mounts.” Enjay Laboratories Paper Linden, New Jersey
- Miller H. E. “Dynamic Property Measurement.” Rubber Age August 1968
- Hillberry B. M. Paul A. S. Goodson R. E. “Reduction in Error and Automatic Analog Computation for the Resonant-Beam Rubber Testing Machine.” Paper 49 Symposium on Rubber Dynamics for Transportation, International Rubber Conference Cleveland October 1971
- Goodson R. E. Hillberry B. M. Paul A. S. “An Automatic Method for Identification of Dynamic Properties of Rubber.” Paper 720131 SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1972