This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fundamentals of Dynamic Properties Measurement of Elastomers: Part II - Instrumentation, Computation, and Compensation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1973 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Instrument requirements for determining the dynamic properties of elastomers are particularly stringent because of the inherently low phase shift between force and displacement. Some currently available instruments and their tradeoffs are briefly discussed. A basic concept of employing matching circuits to eliminate the necessity for measuring both of the across variables, namely, position and velocity, is described, as well as the computational circuits to recover the missing variable. A scheme for compensating the phase-lagging characteristics of the transducer-amplifier combination is also presented.
|The Effects of Non-Petroleum Based Fuels on Thermoset Elastomers
|Prediction of High Frequency Response Characteristics of Hydraulic Mounts
|Classification of Rubber and Rubber Compounds
CitationNachtigal, C., "Fundamentals of Dynamic Properties Measurement of Elastomers: Part II - Instrumentation, Computation, and Compensation," SAE Technical Paper 730258, 1973, https://doi.org/10.4271/730258.
- Doeblin E. O. “Measurement Systems: Application and Design.” New York McGraw-Hill 1966
- Paul A. S. “Study of the Resonant-Beam Machine Used to Determine the Dynamic Properties of Rubber Products.” Purdue University August 1971
- Hillberry B.M. Paul A.S. Goodson R.E. “Reduction in Error and Automatic Analog Computation for the Resonant-Beam Rubber Testing Machine.” Symposium on Rubber Dynamics for Transportation, International Rubber Conference Cleveland, Ohio 1971
- Kohr R. H. “A Method for the Determination of a Differential Equation Model for Simple Nonlinear Systems.” IEEE Transactions on Electronic Computers 12 4 August 1963
- Kohr R. H. “On the Identification of Linear and Nonlinear Systems.” Simulation Magazine March 1967
- Dorf R. C. “Modern Control Systems.” Reading Mass. Addison-Wesley 1967