This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Altering Hydrodynamic Torque Converter Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1973 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper describes the different types of polyphase, multistage and floating element hydrodynamic torque converters and their variations. Also described are all possible methods of combining torque converters with gearing to alter their performance. The gear systems reviewed are: differentially geared, differential reactors, conventionally geared, and auxiliary element geared. All these systems are also investigated in both input- and output-coupled arrangements. Also shown is a parametric method of representing torque converter performance when more than two elements are permitted to rotate. Equations are disclosed which permit performance calculations for all types of geared element torque converters and combinations.
|Technical Paper||Buick's Twin Turbine Dynaflow Transmission|
|Technical Paper||Analysis of the Gear Shift Mechanisms by R-R Chart Method|
|Journal Article||The ZF Automatic Transmission 9HP48 Transmission System, Design and Mechanical Parts|
CitationWaclawek, M., "Altering Hydrodynamic Torque Converter Performance," SAE Technical Paper 730001, 1973, https://doi.org/10.4271/730001.
- Rodger M. R. Syrovy A. J. “The Chrysler PowerFlite Transmission.” SAE Transactions 62 1954 531 545
- Chayne Charles A. “The Buick Dynaflow Drive.” SAE Quarterly Transactions 2 3 July 1948 477 486
- Vincent J. G. McFarland F. “Packard Automatic Transmission.” Paper 343 presented at SAE Summer Meeting French Lick, Ind. June 5-10 1949
- Marble Jarvis C. “An Analysis of the Lysholm-Smith Hydraulic Torque-Converter.” SAE Transactions 29 5 May 1934 182 188
- Waclawek M. J. “General Equation for Solving All Planetary Gear Ratios.” Product Design Handbook Issue, Product Engineering October 1955
- Bloch P. Schneider R. C. “Hydrodynamic Split Torque Transmissions.” SAE Transactions 68 1960 257 273
- Herndon W. B. “Two New Hydra-Matic Transmissions for 1961.”
- Kronogard S. O. “Volvo-Matic - The New Automatic Geared Turbine Transmission for Commercial Vehicles.” Paper 640-A presented at SAE Annual Meeting Detroit January 1963
- Abbott R. L. “G.K.N.-S.R.M. Automatic Transmission for Trucks, Buses and Off-Highway Vehicles.” Paper 710202 SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1971
- Walker F. H. “Multi Turbine Torque Converters.” Design Practices, Passenger Car Automatic Transmissions 1 175
- Gorsky R. J. “Buick's Twin Turbine Dynaflow Transmission.” SAE Transactions 63 1955 42 52
- Winchell F. J. Route W. D. Kelly O. K. “The Chevrolet Turboglide Transmission.” SAE Transactions 66 1958 167 178
- Gorsky R. J. “The New Dynaflow Automatic Transmission.” SAE Transactions 65 1957 112 123
- Chapman C. S. Gorsky R. J. “The New Buick Special Automatic Transmission-The Dual Path Turbine Drive.” 1961