This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulated Road Test Evaluation of the Effect of Gasoline Additives on Exhaust Gas Emissions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1972 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A laboratory engine test procedure has been developed which measures the effect of gasoline additives on engine deposits and the resultant effect of these deposits on exhaust gas emissions. The basis for the laboratory test is the Department of Health, Education and Welfare 50,000 mile durability driving schedule. Several gasoline additives have been evaluated with varying effects on exhaust gas emissions. A strong dependence on base fuel composition was also noted.
CitationFranklin, T., Stambaugh, R., and Kuhn, R., "Simulated Road Test Evaluation of the Effect of Gasoline Additives on Exhaust Gas Emissions," SAE Technical Paper 720942, 1972, https://doi.org/10.4271/720942.
- Heinen C. M. “We've Done the Job-What's Next?” SAE Progress in Technology 14 “Vehicle Emissions-Part III.” New York Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1971
- “Auto Emission Systems Fail to Do the Job.” Environmental Science and Technology 4 1970 279 280
- Voelz F. L. Onyon E. W. Oust R. M. Rusnack W. C. Segal J. S. Gower B. G. “Survey of Nationwide Automotive Exhaust Emissions and PCV System Conditions-Summer 1970.” Paper 710834 SAE Combined National Truck, Powerplant, Fuels & Lubricants Meetings St. Louis, Mo. October 1971
- Andreatch A. J. Elston J. C. Lahey R. W. “New Jersey REPAIR Project: Tune-up at Idle.” Jrl. Air Pollution Control Assn. 21 1971 757 763
- Kipp K. L. Ingamells J. C. Richardson W. L. Davis C. E. “Ability of Gasoline Additives to Clean Engines and Reduce Exhaust Emissions.” SAE Transactions 79 1970
- Asseff P. A. “Multifunctional Gasoline Additives Reduce Engine Deposits.” SAE Transactions 75 1967
- Tandrup E. L. “Evaluating Carburetor Detergent Performance.” SAE Transactions 75 1967
- Sheahan T. J. Dorer, C. J. Jr. Miller C. O. “Detergent-Dispersant Fuel Performance and Handling.” SAE Transactions 78 1969
- Smith, R. G. Jr. Doelling R. P. “An Evaluation Technique for Gasoline Carburetor Detergents.” SAE Transactions 79 1970
- Mixon L. W. Rozmanith A. I. Wotring W. T. “Effect of Fuel and Lubricant Additives on Exhaust Emissions.” SAE Transactions 80 1971
- Federal Register 35 136 July 15 1970 11334 11359
- Glass W. Russell F. R. Wade D. T. Hollabaugh D. M. “Evaluation of Exhaust Recirculation for Control of Nitrogen Oxides Emissions.” SAE Transactions 79 1970