This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Sound Levels of Highway Truck Tires, Proposed SAE Recommended Practice XJ57
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1972 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A noise standard is acceptable only if it isolates the area of concern (tire sounds), correlates to human response, and is repeatable, easily understood, and economically feasible. With these goals attained, the SAE Subcommittee on Truck Tire Noise proposes their recommendations on “Sound Level of Highway Truck Tires-Recommended Practice SAE XJ57.”
Part I of this paper contains the final draft of the test procedure that the Subcommittee has proposed to SAE committees as a recommendation. Part II explains and supports the Subcommittee's decisions for the recommended specification.
CitationDougherty, G., "Sound Levels of Highway Truck Tires, Proposed SAE Recommended Practice XJ57," SAE Technical Paper 720927, 1972, https://doi.org/10.4271/720927.
- Tetlow Derek “Truck Tire Noise,” Sound and Vibration August 1971 17 23
- Hillquist Ralph “An Experiment for Relating Objective Subjective Assessments of Truck Tire Noise.” SP-373 “Truck Tire Noise.” New York Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1972 720928
- Hayden R. E. “Roadside Noise from the Interaction of a Tire with the Road Surface.” Acoustical Society of America Washington, D. C. April 20-23 1971
- Leisure W. A. Harrington Jeremiah Flynn Daniel R. “Quarterly Progress Report of Research Activity of Truck Tire Noise Investigation.” National Bureau of Standards, Report 10-380 53
- Thurman G. R. “Characteristics of Truck Tire Noise.” SP-373 “Truck Tire Noise.” New York Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1972 paper 720926