This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
- A Unique Approach to Engineering Problems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1972 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An engineering development team approached a snowmobile track manufacturing project with an objective of creating a unique salable product. Keying off a new internal lug drive system, this report describes the analysis used in selecting polyurethane as the elastomer, the development of a suitable manufacturing method and some of the facets of tread design.
|Technical Paper||A New Approach to Positive Drive Snowmobile Tracks|
|Technical Paper||Special Noise Problems in Automotive Timing Belts|
|Technical Paper||The Development of Isolation Mounts|
CitationNordstrom, D., "PolyTrac
- Haines W. M. “A New Approach to Positive Drive Snowmobile Tracks.” Paper 710231 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1971
- Wright P. Cumming A. P. C. “Solid Polyurethane Elastomers.” Gordon & Breach Science Publishers 1969
- Eskelson R. W. “Parameters of Over-Snow Vehicle Design.” Paper 680030 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1968
- Waterhouse R. W. “Analysis of Data from a Snow Profile.” USA CRREL Pub. February 1962