This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Flexible Rotor Balancing of a High-Speed Gas Turbine Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1972 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The need for balancing a high-speed rotor in a manner that accounts for its speed-dependent deformations is discussed. The influence coefficient method of flexible rotor balancing is described with reference to the balancing of an advanced gas turbine engine rotor. This engine rotor-bearing system is then studied in detail as an application of flexible rotor balancing, using the influence coefficient method. The relative effectiveness of various combinations of balance speeds and numbers of balance planes is compared.
|Technical Paper||Mod II Stirling Engine Overview|
|Technical Paper||Alternative Fuel Capabilities of the Mod II Stirling Vehicle|
|Technical Paper||Status and Emissions Results for Natural-Gas-Fired Stirling Engine|
CitationRieger, N. and Badgley, R., "Flexible Rotor Balancing of a High-Speed Gas Turbine Engine," SAE Technical Paper 720741, 1972, https://doi.org/10.4271/720741.
- Bishop R. E. D. Gladwell G. M. L. “The Vibration and Balancing of an Unbalanced Flexible Rotor.” Jrl. Mech. Eng. Sci. 1 1 1959 66
- Lindley A. L. G. Bishop R. E. D. “Some Recent Research on the Balancing of Large Flexible Rotors.” Proc. Inst. Mech. Engrs. London 177 1963 811
- Moore G. Dodd M. “Mass Balancing of Large Flexible Rotors.” G.E.C. (England) Jrl 31 2 1964 74
- Goodman T. P. “A Least-Squares Method for Computing Balance Corrections.” ASME Paper No. 63-WA-295
- Rieger N. F. “Computer Program for Balancing of Flexible Rotors.” Technical Report MTI 67TR68 Mechanical Technology Inc. Latham, N.Y. NASA-Lewis Research Center September 1967
- Lund J. W. Tonneson J. “Analysis and Experiments on Multiplane Balancing of a Flexible Rotor.” Paper 71-Vibr-74, ASME Third Vibrations Conference Toronto, Canada Sept. 8-10 1971
- Tessarzik J. Badgley R. H. Anderson W. J. “Flexible Rotor Balancing by the Exact-Point Speed Influence Coefficient Method.” ASME Paper 71-Vibr-91, Third Vibrations Conference Toronto, Canada Sept. 8-10 1971
- International Standards Organization Document ISO/TC 108/WG 6, Draft Document 1967
- Rieger N.F. “Balancing High-Speed Rotors to Reduce Vibration Levels.” Paper presented at ASME Design Conference Chicago May 11 1972