This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
How the 675 Front-End Loader Meets Industry and Government Standards
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1972 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: National West Coast Meeting
The current demands of the earthmoving industry are placing increased pressure and responsibility on the equipment manufacturer. Coupled with government regulations, this presents a new set of standards to which the manufacturer must conform. This presents a formidable challenge to everyone involved in this field of endeavor. This paper discusses the effects of these factors on the design and development of a large earthmoving machine, the 675 front-end loader. The 675 is a large loader, built for heavy-duty work, that has high standards of maintenance, performance, and safety. This paper points out the features built into this machine to meet the growing demands for these qualities.
CitationSmith, G., "How the 675 Front-End Loader Meets Industry and Government Standards," SAE Technical Paper 720690, 1972, https://doi.org/10.4271/720690.
- Smith George C. “Clark 675 24-cu yd Front-End Loader.” 710719 SAE National Farm, Construction and Industrial Machinery Meeting Milwaukee September 1971
- SAE Recommended Practice Dry Break Fueling Installation for Construction and Industrial Machinery SAE J176 SAE Handbook
- SAE Recommended Practice Access Systems for Construction and Industrial Equipment SAE J185 SAE Handbook
- SAE Recommended Practice Seat Belts for Construction Equipment SAE J386 SAE Handbook
- SAE Recommended Practice Control Locations for Construction and Industrial Equipment Design SAE J898 SAE Handbook
- SAE Recommended Practice Minimum Performance Criteria for Roll-Over Protective Structure for Rubber-Tired Front-End Loaders and Rubber-Tired Dozers SAE J394 SAE Handbook
- SAE Recommended Practice Minimum Performance Criteria for Brake Systems for Off-Highway, Rubber-Tired, Front-End Loaders and Dozers SAE J237 SAE Handbook
- SAE Standard, Front-End Loader Bucket Rating SAE J742b SAE Handbook
- SAE Standard, Specification Definitions - Front-End Loader SAE J732c SAE Handbook
- SAE Recommended Practice, Operating Load for Front-End Loaders SAE J818a SAE Handbook
- SAE Recommended Practice, Criteria for Backup Alarm Devices SAE J994 SAE Handbook