This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Noise Abatement - A Balanced Approach
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1972 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Concern over noise emissions has increased significantly. This paper relates the noise emission problem to other pollution efforts and defines alternative abatement strategies. Major technical and economic parameters are discussed based on the present state-of-the-art. A balanced approach to noise abatement is suggested.
CitationYoung, T., "Noise Abatement - A Balanced Approach," SAE Technical Paper 720626, 1972, https://doi.org/10.4271/720626.
- Lincoln R. H. “Noise Legislation, Present and Future, as Related to Product Design.” Outboard Marine Corporation
- Close William H. “Department of Transportation Activities in Automotive Noise Abatement.” Office of Noise Abatement, Department of Transportation
- “Noise Survey on Vehicles Operating on California Highways.” California Highway Patrol
- Galloway William J. Jones Glenn “Motor Vehicle Noise - Identification and Analysis of Situations Contributing to Annoyance.” SAE 720276 January 10-14 1972
- Becker R. W. Poza F. Kryter K. D. “A Study of Sensitivity to Noise.” Stanford Research Institute for Federal Aviation Administration; DOT Contract DOT-FA69WA-211 June 1971
- Ringham Roger “Testimony of International Harvester Corporation to EPA Noise Hearings.” Washington, D. C. November 9-12 1971
- Vargovick R. J. “Noise Source Definition-Exterior Passenger Vehicle Noise.” SAE 720274 January 10-14 1972
- Hillquist R. K. Bettis Richard A. “Measurement of Automotive Passby Noise.” SAE 720275 January 10-14 1972
- Wulfhurst David E. “Diesel Powered System Noise.” Testimony of Cummins Engine Co. at EPA Noise Hearings Washington, D. C. November 9-12 1971
- “Chicago Noise Study.” Bolt Beranek & Newman
- Mayo Louis H. Professor “Some Prospective Implications of Federal Noise Emission Standards on State/Local Noise Regulation.” George Washington University November 11 1971
- “Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Public Health and Environment, House Interstate and Foreign Commerce Committee, 92nd Congress, June 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 1971.”
- Lechtenberg Leo “Testimony of Briggs & Stratton at EPA Noise Hearings, Denver, Colorado.” September 1971
- Floyd Charles “Understanding the New Noise Tests at Nebraska.” Implement & Tractor April 7 1971 14 16