This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Sanitary Landfill-Boom or Doom?
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1972 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In the field of solid waste management, the earthmoving industry has particular interest in all regulatory actions concerning the disposal of solid waste in sanitary landfills. Recent passage of Public Law 89-272, the Solid Waste Act of 1965, and Public Law 91-512, the Resource Recovery Act of 1970, has produced for the earthmoving industry a feeling of uncertainty with respect to the future. Opposing viewpoints are presented, and a prediction is made based on logical assumptions.
CitationEldredge, R., "Sanitary Landfill-Boom or Doom?," SAE Technical Paper 720384, 1972, https://doi.org/10.4271/720384.
- The Solid Waste Disposal Act of 1965 Title II of Public Law 89-272 October 20 1965 Public Law 91-512 October 26 1970
- Black Ralph J. et al. “The National Solid Wastes Survey-Interim Report.” Public Health Service 1968
- “Solid Waste Demonstration Grant” Public Health Service Publ. 1821 U.S. Government Printing Office 1968
- “Summaries of Solid Wastes Program Contracts.” Public Health Service Publ. 1897
- “Policies for Solid Waste Management.” National Academy of Engineering, National Academy of Science Washington, D.C.
- “Solid Waste Management-A Comprehensive Assessment of Solid Waste Problems, Practices, and Needs.” Office of Science and Technology, Executive Office of the President Washington, D.C. 1969