This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Identification of Controls - Background and Approach
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1972 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The history and technical background of the Subcommittee Human Factors Engineering Committee on Control Identification of the SAE is reviewed. Recommendations are presented for a proposed SAE Information Report on Recommended Practice on Identification of Controls for Passenger Cars, with particular emphasis on guidelines for the development of new identifications.
CitationKyropoulos, P., "Identification of Controls - Background and Approach," SAE Technical Paper 720202, 1972, https://doi.org/10.4271/720202.
- Symbols for Operator Controls on Agricultural Tractors and Agricultural Machinery ASAE Standard, ASAE S304.3 October 1970 St. Joseph, Mich. American Society of Agricultural Engineers
- Universal Symbols for Operator Controls on Agricultural and Light Industrial Equipment SAE Recommended Practice, SAE J389a December 1969 SAE Handbook
- “Sign, Image, Symbol.” Kepes Gyorgy New York George Braziller 1966 108 126
- Gruber A. Bishop E. W. Bowen H. M. Abbot W. C. “Guide to the Coding of Controls.” Stamford, Conn. Dunlap and Assoc., Inc. 1962
- McCormick Ernest J. “Human Factors Engineering.” Third New York McGraw-Hill Book Co. 1970
- Chapanis Alphonse “Words, Words, Words.” Human Factors 7 1 February 1965 1 17
- Chapanis Alphonse “Research Techniques in Human Engineering.” Baltimore The Johns Hopkins Press 1959 Introduction: A General Strategy 16
- Jack Daniel D. “Identification of Controls-Study of Symbols.” SAE Transactions 81 1972 paper 720203