This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Bonded Joints: Design Considerations and Army Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1972 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Ten points are offered as essential to good adhesives joint design. Examples of the role of adhesives in current Army hardware such as the LAW and Shillelagh antitank missiles and the Airmobile Aircraft Maintenance Shop are discussed. Training requirements are outlined for personnel who are to bond munitions with adhesives, and examples of process controls for production line assembly are given.
CitationDevine, A., "Bonded Joints: Design Considerations and Army Applications," SAE Technical Paper 720119, 1972, https://doi.org/10.4271/720119.
- Bodnar M. J. Powers W. J. “Adhesives for Structural Applications.” Picatinny Arsenal Dover, N. J. September 1961 New York Interscience Publishers 1962
- Bodnar M. J. “Structural Adhesives Bonding.” Stevens Institute of Technology Hoboken, N. J. September 1965 New York Interscience Publishers 1966
- “Military Standardization Handbook, Adhesives.” May 17 1965
- Wegman R. F. et al. “Effects of Varying Processing Parameters in the Fabrication of Adhesive-Bonded Structures, Part 2, Important Considerations for the Bonding Process.” Picatinny Arsenal Technical Report 3999 July 1970
- Wegman R. F. et al. “Durability Study of Adhesive Bonding Systems for Potential Use in Fabrication of an Airmobile Aircraft Maintenance Shop.” Picatinny Arsenal Technical Report 4228 July 1971