This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Power Train-Vehicle Modeling to Simulate Shifting Transients of Off-Highway Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1972 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Analytic modeling and analog computer simulation techniques are presented for determining power train transient responses excited by clutch-actuated gear shifts. A method for describing the dynamics of a transmission arrangement having several clutches and interconnected planetary gear sets is considered in detail.
Simulation model testing is directed toward optimizing system design parameters and evaluating power train component capability and vehicle shift-feel. Data reduction techniques applied to model responses of torque and speed will yield appropriate spectrums representative of simulated work cycle. The spectrum data are used to predict hours of life for gears, bearings, and driveshafts, according to cumulative fatigue damage theory.
CitationKoch, L., "Power Train-Vehicle Modeling to Simulate Shifting Transients of Off-Highway Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 720044, 1972, https://doi.org/10.4271/720044.
- Williamson S. O. “Vehicle Drive-Line Dynamics.” 680584 SAE Farm, Construction, and Industrial Machinery Meeting Milwaukee September 1968
- Chambers R. O. “Torques and Accelerations in a Planetary System.” Caterpillar Tractor Co. Internal Memo April 17 1959
- Nordling S. P. Rohweder G. D. “An Eight Speed Powershift Transmission System for a 14 Cu Yd Tractor Scraper.” SAE Transactions 76 670724
- Weinert C. A. “Power Trains-Construction Vehicles.” Automotive Industries June 15 1970
- Anderson R. L. Bierly R. L. “Measuring Automatic Transmission Shift Performance.” SAE Transactions 74 1966 650465
- Janeway R. N. “A Practical Approach to Truck Ride Instrumentation and Evaluation-A Summary.” SAE Transactions 75 1967 660140
- Jania Z. J. “Friction Clutch Transmissions.” Machine Design Nov. 13 Nov. 27 Dec. 11 Dec. 25 1958
- Dundore M. W. Schneider R. C. “Clutch Energy-A Criteria of Thermo Failure.” SAE Transactions 77 1968 680582