This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Upward Soil Cutting
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Using the theory of perfect plasticity, upward cutting has been analyzed for very wide blades such as scrapers and for very thin plow blades. The results predict decreasing soil resistance with increasing blade roughness. The predicted reductions in soil-cutting resistance for a thin plow blade agreed well with observed reductions in forces with the upward-cutting vibratory plow in the Soil Mechanics Laboratory at Bell Telephone Laboratories, Chester, N. J.
|Technical Paper||A Model of Vibratory Soil Cutting|
|Technical Paper||Frozen Soil Cutting Using Vibratory Blades|
|Technical Paper||Wear Resistance of Lunar Wheel Treads Made of Polymeric Fabrics|
CitationNalezny, C., "Analysis of Upward Soil Cutting," SAE Technical Paper 710728, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710728.
- Scott R. F. “Principles of Soil Mechanics.” Reading, Mass. Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Inc. 1963
- Panajotopoulos N. Proceedings Second International Conference of the ISTVS (International Society for Terrain-Vehicle Systems) Quebec City, Quebec September 1966
- Gunn T. Tramontine V. N. “Oscillation of Tillage Implements.” Agricultural Engineering 36 11 1955
- Sokolovskii V. V. “Statics of Soil Media.” London Butterworth Scientific Publications 1960
- Drucker D. C. Prager W. “Soil Mechanics and Plastic Analysis or Limit Design.” Quarterly Applied Math. 10 1952
- Drucker D. C. “Limit Analysis of Two- and Three-Dimensional Sil Mechanics Problems.” Jrl. Mechanics and Physics of Solids London 1 1953
- Shield R. T. “Mixed Boundary Value Problems in Soil Mechanics.” Quarterly Applied Math. 11 1953
- Haythornthwaite R. M. “Methods of Plasticity in Land Locomotion Studies.” Proceedings, 1st International Conference on the Mechanics of Soil-Vehicle Systems Torino-St. Vincent, Edizioni Minerva Tecnica, Turin 1961
- Finn W. D. Liam “Applications of Limit Plasticity in Soil Mechanics.” Jrl. Soil Mechanics and Foundation Division, ASCE 93 SM5 September 1967
- Chen W. F. “Soil Mechanics and Theorems of Limit Analysis.” Jrl Soil Mechanics and Foundation Division, ASCE 95 SM2 March 1969
- Chen W. F. Drucker D. C. “Bearing Capacity of Concrete Blocks or Rock.” Jrl. Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE 95 EM4 August 1969
- Bilotta W. F. Boyd R. J. Warren R. E. Nalezny C. L. “Upward Cutting Vibratory Plowing.” Paper 710729 presented at SAE Farm, Construction and Industrial Machinery Meeting Milwaukee September 1971