This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Engine Fuel Rate to Computed In-Vehicle Horsepower
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes an accurate instrument system developed to determine in-vehicle horsepower. Rapid measurement of fuel rate used in conjunction with a computer to factor in the brake specific consumption and other variables produces an almost instantaneous display of developed horsepower.
CitationNiles, A. and Gardner, W., "Engine Fuel Rate to Computed In-Vehicle Horsepower," SAE Technical Paper 710701, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710701.
- Taborek Jaroslav J. “Mechanics of Vehicles.” Machine Design 1957
- McHalowicz Joseph C. “Instrumentation For Precise Measurement of Motor Vehicle Fuel Consumption.” Paper 700101 SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1970
- Katz Leonard “Improved Flow Meter Accuracy with Electro-Mechanical Feedback.” American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers San Francisco January 19 1970
- “Engineering Know-How For Engine Design - Part 2.” New York Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1963
- Faires Virgil Moring “Applied Thermodynamics.” New York Macmillan Co. 1940
- Degler Howard E. “Internal Combustion Engines.” New York John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1938
- Baumeister Theodore “Mark's Mechanical Engineers' Handbook,” 6th September 1964 104 182
- Salisbury J. Kenneth “Kent's Mechanical Engineers' Handbook.” 12
- SAE J688 SAE Handbook
- Joyner J. A. “Factors Affecting Fuel Economy in Diesel Powered Vehicles.” SAE Transactions 74 1966 paper 650430
- Janess Don C. Manning Howard K. “Advanced Diesel Power Testing Techniques.” Paper 700666 SAE National West Coast Meeting Los Angeles August 1970
- Bascom R. C. Hass G. C. “A Status Report on the Development of the 1973 California Diesel Emissions Standards.” Paper 700671 SAE National West Coast Meeting Los Angeles August 1970
- SAE Standard Engine Test Code-Nonturbocharged Spark Ignition and Diesel - SAE J816a SAE Handbook
- “Petroleum Measurement Tables,” American edition; United States Units of Measurement 1970 Philadelphia, Pa. American Society for Testing and Materials
- Holler Harold G. “The Influence of Induction and Exhaust System Design on Power Producing Characteristics of Diesel Engines.” SAE Transactions 79 1970 paper 700535
- “Symposium on Diesel Engines-Breathing and Combustion.” IME Proceedings 1965-1966 180 Pt. 3N. London William Clower and Sons Limited, and Beccles for the Institution of Mechanical Engineers