This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Moldboard Plow Design and Use for Higher Horsepower-Lower Weight Tractors
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A discussion is presented on the performance requirements of moldboard plows. Advantages and disadvantages of designing for higher speeds of operation versus increasing implement width are given. Effects of plow shape and speed of operation on soil manipulation and force requirements are discussed.
|Technical Paper||The Caterpillar D7H Track Type Tractor|
|Technical Paper||TRACTOR AND PLOW REACTIONS TO VARIOUS HITCHES|
CitationReaves, C., "Moldboard Plow Design and Use for Higher Horsepower-Lower Weight Tractors," SAE Technical Paper 710681, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710681.
- Vershinin P. V. Kosarchuk A. N. “The Influence of Moisture on the Draft During High Speed Plowing.” February 1960 61 64
- Lehoczky L. “Some Aspects of Increasing Ploughing Speed.” Paper No. 3/245/C/30 presented at the Agricultural Engineering Symposium Silsoe, Bedford, England September 1967
- Renoll E. S. “Operational Analysis of Row Crop Farm Machines.” Presented at the ASAE Southeast Regional Meeting Mobile, Alabama February 1969
- Taylor J. H. “Tractor Tire Lug Angle Tests.” Unpublished Annual Report, National Tillage Machinery Laboratory Auburn, Alabama 1968
- Taylor J. H. “High Speed Moldboard Plow Tests.” Unpublished Annual Report, National Tillage Machinery Laboratory Auburn, Alabama 1970
- Schlegel J. E. Morling R. W. “Optimum Travel Speed for Maximum Plowing Acreage.” Trans. of ASAE 12 5 September-October 1969 690 694 697
- Lishni A. G. “Scientific Basis of Increasing Operating Speeds of Machine-Tractor System.” All-Union Research Institute of Mechanization of Agriculture Moscow 1965 116 134
- Goryachkin V. P. “Rational Equation for the Draft Force of Plows.” Collected Works 2 Moscow Kolos Publishing House 1968 319
- McKibben E. G. Reed I. F. “The Influence of Speed on the Performance Characteristics of Implements.” Paper 652 presented at SAE National Tractor Meeting Milwaukee September 1951
- Soehne W. “Investigations on the Shape of Plough Bodies for High Speeds.” Grundlagen der Landtechnik 11 1959 22 39 Trans. No. 87 by W. Linnard Silsoe, England
- Surikov V. V. “The Cutting of Soil With Thin Chips.” 13 3 1968 120 126
- Nikiforov P. E. “Investigation of the Work of Tractor Plows at High Speed.” 7 1959 102 109