This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Moldboard Plow Design and Use for Higher Horsepower-Lower Weight Tractors
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A discussion is presented on the performance requirements of moldboard plows. Advantages and disadvantages of designing for higher speeds of operation versus increasing implement width are given. Effects of plow shape and speed of operation on soil manipulation and force requirements are discussed.
|Technical Paper||The Caterpillar D7H Track Type Tractor|
|Technical Paper||TRACTOR AND PLOW REACTIONS TO VARIOUS HITCHES|
|Technical Paper||Soil Compaction of Four-Wheel Drive and Tracked Tractors Under Various Draft Loads|
CitationReaves, C., "Moldboard Plow Design and Use for Higher Horsepower-Lower Weight Tractors," SAE Technical Paper 710681, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710681.
- Vershinin P. V. and Kosarchuk A. N., “The Influence of Moisture on the Draft During High Speed Plowing.” Vestnik Sel'skokhozyaistvennoi Nauki, February 1960, pp. 61-64. (NTIS Trans. No. PB-176-832T).*
- Lehoczky L., “Some Aspects of Increasing Ploughing Speed.” Paper No. 3/245/C/30 presented at the Agricultural Engineering Symposium, Silsoe, Bedford, England, September 1967.
- Renoll E. S., “Operational Analysis of Row Crop Farm Machines.” Presented at the ASAE Southeast Regional Meeting, Mobile, Alabama, February 1969.
- Taylor J. H., “Tractor Tire Lug Angle Tests.” Unpublished Annual Report, National Tillage Machinery Laboratory, P. O. Box 792, Auburn, Alabama, 1968.
- Taylor J. H., “High Speed Moldboard Plow Tests.” Unpublished Annual Report, National Tillage Machinery Laboratory, P. O. Box 792, Auburn, Alabama, 1970.
- Schlegel J. E. and Morling R. W., “Optimum Travel Speed for Maximum Plowing Acreage.” Trans. of ASAE, Vol. 12, No. 5, September-October 1969, pp. 690-694, 697.
- Lishni A. G., “Scientific Basis of Increasing Operating Speeds of Machine-Tractor System.” All-Union Research Institute of Mechanization of Agriculture, Moscow,(1965), pp. 116-134.
- Goryachkin V. P., “Rational Equation for the Draft Force of Plows.” Collected Works, Vol. 2, Moscow: Kolos Publishing House, (1968) p. 319.
- McKibben E. G. and Reed I. F., “The Influence of Speed on the Performance Characteristics of Implements.” Paper 652 presented at SAE National Tractor Meeting, Milwaukee, September 1951.
- Soehne W., “Investigations on the Shape of Plough Bodies for High Speeds.” Grundlagen der Landtechnik, Vol. 11, 1959, pp. 22-39. (Trans. No. 87 by W. Linnard, NIAE, Silsoe, England).
- Surikov V. V., “The Cutting of Soil With Thin Chips.” Vestnik Sel'sk. Nauk., Vol. 13, No. 3, 1968, pp. 120-126. (NTIS Trans. No. PB-183-352T).
- Nikiforov P. E., “Investigation of the Work of Tractor Plows at High Speed.” Vestnik. Sel. Khoz. Nauki., Leningrad, No.7, 1959, pp. 102-109. (NTIS Trans. No. TT-67-61465).*