This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Max Trac - Wheel Spin Control by Computer
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new automatic electronic control system has been developed, which reduces rear wheel spin during acceleration. This control, a miniature on-board computer, offers improved controllability and maximum traction under all driving conditions.
|Technical Paper||Automatic Electronic Steering - A New Approach|
|Technical Paper||Future Development of Central Tire Inflation Systems and Integration with Vehicles|
CitationMoran, J. and Grimm, R., "Max Trac - Wheel Spin Control by Computer," SAE Technical Paper 710612, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710612.
- Spelman R. H., Taysinian H. D., Johnson D. E., and Campbell K. L., “Wet Pavement Braking Traction.” SAE Transactions, Vol. 79 (1970), paper 700462.
- Davison Jack A., “Designer Describes How Tires React to Applied Forces.” SAE Journal, Vol. 78, (April 1970).
- Baier J. J., “Proposal for a Procedure for Evaluating Wet Skid Resistance of a Road-Tire-Vehicle System.” SAE Transactions, Vol. 78 (1969), paper 690526.
- Allbert B. J., Walker J. C., and Maycock, “Tyre to Wet Road Friction.” Institution of Mechanical Engineers Automobile Div., Proceedings 1965-66, Vol 180, Part 24, No. 4.
- Ludema K. C., “Tires and Roads.” Mechanical Engineering, December, 1970.