This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fourier Cam Design Techniques
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A digital computer method employing Fourier series and transfer function notation is presented for calculating a cam profile that will give a desired output motion of a flexible system. The system model must be linear but can have essentially any number of degrees-of-freedom, and damping at any point in the system is permitted. It is also possible to specify the best cam profile of a system running in a given speed range. Forces at any point in the system can be calculated by the method, and accurate predictions of jump can be made.
|Technical Paper||A New Method of Valve Cam Design-HYSDYNE Cam|
|Journal Article||A Time-Saving Methodology for Optimizing a Compression Ignition Engine to Reduce Fuel Consumption through Machine Learning|
|Magazine Issue||Aerospace Engineering 1987-10-01|
CitationHardiman, J. and Speckhart, F., "Fourier Cam Design Techniques," SAE Technical Paper 710544, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710544.
- Dudley W. M. “New Methods in Valve Cam Design.” SAE, Transactions 2 1948 19
- Stoddart D. A. “Polydyne Cam Design.” Machine Design 25 121 January 1953 146 February 1943 149 March 1953
- Rothbart Harold “Cams.” John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 1956
- Barkan P. “Calculation of High Speed Motion of Flexible Cam-Actuated Systems.” Doctor of Philosophy Dissertation Pennsylvania State College January 1953
- Johnson G.I. “Studying Valve Dynamics with Electronic Computer.” Philadelphia, Pa. November 1962
- Knight Bernard A. “Vibration Analysis of Flexible Cam-Follower Systems.” Masters' Thesis Georgia Institute of Technology March 1965
- Kells L.M. “Elementary Differential Equations.” McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc. Fourth 1965 74 79
- Dorf R. C. “Modern Control Systems.” Addison-Wesley Publishing Co. 1967 175 179
- Wylie, C. R. Jr. “Advanced Engineering Mathematics.” McGraw-Hill Book Co. Third 1966
- Hundal M. S. “Aid of Digital Computer in the Analysis of Ridig Spring-Loaded Mechanisms.” Paper 596B SAE Combined Fuels and Lubricants, Powerplant, and Transportation Meeting Philadelphia October 1962