This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Soil Measurements Related to the Performance of Soil-Machine Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The necessity of incorporating soil measurements in the evaluation of the performance of any soil working machine is presented. Emphasis is given to approaches to design problems, primary soil forces pertinent to a soil-machine system, and types of soil failures that are operable in a soil-machine system. Examples from research studies are given to demonstrate the importance of considering the soil in the evaluation of the performance of soil-working machines.
CitationReaves, C. and Schafer, R., "Soil Measurements Related to the Performance of Soil-Machine Systems," SAE Technical Paper 710512, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710512.
- Gill W. R. Vanden Berg G. E. “Soil Dynamics in Tillage and Traction.” Agriculture Handbook No. 316 U.S. Government Printing Office Washington, D.C 217 219
- Gill W. R. Vanden Berg G. E. “Soil Dynamics in Tillage and Traction.” Agriculture Handbook No. 316 U.S. Government Printing Office Washington, D.C 317
- Söhne W. “Some Basic Considerations of Soil Mechanics as Applied to Agricultural Engineering.” Grundlagen der Landtechnik 7 1956 11 27
- Freitag D. R. Schafer R. L. Wismer R. D. “Similitude Studies of Soil-Machine Systems.” ASAE Trans 13 2 1970 201 213
- Verma B. P. Schafer R. L. “A Distorted-Model Theory for Non-Uniform Soil Strength Profiles.” Paper No. 69-113 presented at the ASAE Annual Meeting West Lafayette, Indiana June 1969
- Larson L. W. “Predicting Draft Using Model Moldboard Plows in Agricultural Soils.” Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis Library, Iowa State University Ames, Iowa 1964
- Rowe R. J. “Effect of Speed on the Elements of Draft of a Simple Tillage Tool.” Unpublished M.S. Thesis Library, Iowa State University Ames, Iowa 1959
- Sirohi B. S. “Similitude Techniques Applied to Performance Studies of Cultivator Sweeps.” Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis Library, Auburn University Auburn, Alabama 1967
- Schafer R. L. Bockhop C. W. Lovely W. G. “Model-Prototype Studies of Tillage Implements.” ASAE Trans 11 5 1968 661 664
- Carpenter T. G. “Utilization of Artificial Soils for Earthmoving Model Studies.” Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis Library, Mississippi State University State College, Mississippi 1969