This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
FAR 23 Fatigue Substantiation Procedures: GAMA Committee Report
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A Project Group of representatives of General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) companies was established and given the assignment to study several methods of fatigue evaluation and recommend procedures for compliance with new FAA regulations concerning fatigue of aircraft wings. The group held several meetings in which sources of data and the major problems associated with fatigue evaluation were discussed. The author served as chairman of the Project Group and reports in this paper on the studies and recommendations made by the group.
CitationChristian, R., "FAR 23 Fatigue Substantiation Procedures: GAMA Committee Report," SAE Technical Paper 710403, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710403.
- “Endurance of Complete Wings and Tailplanes” FATIGUE DATA SHEETS Royal Aeronautical Society E.02.01
- “Endurance of Structural Joints” FATIGUE DATA SHEETS Royal Aeronautical Society E.05.01 E.07.01
- “The Effect of Mean Stress on The Endurance of Aluminum Alloys” FATIGUE DATA SHEETS Royal Aeronautical Society E.07.03
- “Average Gust Frequencies Subsonic Transport Aircraft” FATIGUE DATA SHEETS Royal Aeronautical Society 69023
- Heywood, R. B. DESIGNING AGAINST FATIGUE OF METALS Jarrold & Sons Ltd. Norwich, Great Britain 1962
- Bastenaire, F. “A Study of The Scatter of Fatigue Test Results By Statistical and Physical Methods,” FATIGUE OF AIRCRAFT STRUCTURES 1963 53 85 The MacMillan Company New York
- Raithby, K. D. “A Comparison of Predicted and Achieved Fatigue Lives of Aircraft Structures,” FATIGUE OF AIRCRAFT STRUCTURES 1963 249 261 The MacMillan Company New York
- Jewel, J. W. Jr. Brazziel, M. E. INITIAL REPORT ON OPERATING EXPERIENCES OF GENERAL AVIATION AIRCRAFT Langley Working Paper 532 N.A.S.A. 1968
- Lungberg, B. “Fatigue Life of Airplane Structures” JOURNAL OF AERONAUTICAL SCIENCES June 1955 349 410
- Benoy, M. B. A NOTE ON THE ASSESSMENT OF FATIGUE LIVES FOR GENERAL AVIATION AIRCRAFT STRUCTURES Aeronautical Engineering Report SM-57 Dept. of Civil Aviation Commonwealth of Australia
- Sewell, R. T. ANALYSIS OF FLIGHT LOADS DURING LOW-ALTITUDE PIPELINE PATROL 0PERATI0NS FINAL REPORT Aeronautical Report LR-516 National Research Council of Canada
- Sewell, R. T. LOW ALTITUDE FLIGHT LOAD SPECTRA FOR LIGHT AIRCRAFT Aeronautical Report LR-495 National Research Council of Canada
- Sewell, R. T. A NOTE ON THE LOADS IMPOSED ON FIXED-WING LIGHT AIRCRAFT DURING AGRICULTURAL OPERATIONS National Research Council of Canada
- Walker, W. G. Copp, M. R. SUMMARY OF V-G-H AND V-G DATA OBTAINED FROM PISTON-ENGINE TRANSPORT AIRPLANES FROM 1947 to 1958 1959
- Military Specification AIRPLANE STRENGTH AND RIGIDITY RELIABILITY REQUIREMENTS, REPEATED LOADS, AND FATIGUE May 18 1960