This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analytical Simulation of Landing Gear Dynamics for Aircraft Design and Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents an analysis of a nonlinear landing gear mounted on a flexible airplane equipped with external stores and tip tanks. Interaction effects of the flexible airplane with the gear are included. The method of treating the strut lockup-breakout phenomena is an improvement over previous work. Test results are presented from a full scale test of an airplane supported on displacement controlled hydraulic actuators, which simulated taxiing over discrete runway bumps. The analytical method was applied to several design problems which are also discussed.
CitationFurnish, J. and Anders, D., "Analytical Simulation of Landing Gear Dynamics for Aircraft Design and Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 710401, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710401.
- Readey W. B. LaFavor S. A. “An Analytical Method for the Design of Metering Pins and Prediction of Load Stroke of Landing Gears.” McDonnell Report No. 1688 May 1950
- Walls J. H. “Investigation of the Air-Compression Process During Drop Tests of an Oleo-Pneumatic Landing Gear.” September 1951
- Flügge W. “Landing-Gear Impact.” October 1952
- Flügge W. Coale C. W. “The Influence of Wheel Spin-Up on Landing-Gear Inpact.” October 1954
- Benthem J. P. “The Effect of Airplane Structural Flexibility on Landing Gear Loads.” National Aeronautical Research Institute Amsterdam October 1956
- Cook F. E. Milwitzky B. “Effect of Interaction on Landing-Gear Behavior and Dynamic Loads in a Flexible Airplane Structure.” August 1955
- Milwitzky B. Lindquist D. C. “Evaluation of the Reduced-Mass Method of Representing Wing Lift Effects in Free-Fail Drop Tests of Landing Gears.” July 1951