This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
General Layout Characteristics and Performance of a New Wind Tunnel for Aerodynamic and Functional Tests on Full-Scale Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper discusses the advantages of closed type and open type working sections of a wind tunnel designed for aerodynamic tests on full-scale vehicles. Analyses of economic considerations, component efficiency, and applicability to the specific purpose of testing were the deciding factors in choosing the open type working section for this wind tunnel being erected by Pininfarina at Torino, Italy. Preliminary design work and supporting research are described.
|Technical Paper||Model-based Generation of Scaling Laws for Radial-Gap Permanent Magnet Motors|
|Technical Paper||Applications and Performance Levels of Radial Inflow Turbines|
|Technical Paper||On the Use of Reference Models in Automotive Aerodynamics|
CitationMorelli, A., "General Layout Characteristics and Performance of a New Wind Tunnel for Aerodynamic and Functional Tests on Full-Scale Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 710214, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710214.
- Morelli Alberto, “Gallerie del Vento.” “Pininfarina” Revue n. 8, 1967.
- MacPhail D. C., “Note on the Possibilities of Honey-combs in Wind Tunnel Design.” A.R.C. 7626, 1944.
- Graviche M. J., “Aerodynamique Automobile.” Paris: Peugeot, 1970.
- Patterson G. N., “Modern Diffuser Design,” Aircraft Engineering, No. 10, 1938.
- Salter C., “Experiments on Thin Turning Vanes,” R.e.M., No. 2469.
- Winter K. G., “Comparative Tests of Thick and Thin-Turning Vanes in the 4 ft X 3 ft Wind Tunnel.” R.e.M. No. 2589.
- Patterson G. N., “Note on the Design of Corners in Duct Systems.” R.e.M., No. 1773.
- Crocco L., “Gallerie del Vento per alte velocita,” L'Aerotecnica, Vol. 15, 1935.
- Pellandini J., “Modane Avrieux Principal Centre Aero-Thermodynamique d'Europe,” Revue Aviation 1956.
- Pankhurst R. C. and Holder D. W., “Wind Tunnel Technique.” London: Pitman Ltd.