This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Stress Distribution in Adhesive Bonded Lap Joints
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Mechanical characteristics and adhesion and interface character as related to processing and mechanical properties are discussed. Statistical data analysis techniques are applied to bonded joint experimental data with related confidence limit and design allowable calculation formulas. Stress analyses using both experimental data and newly developed predictive formulas for the orthotropic-elastic case are presented.
CitationGrimes, G., "Stress Distribution in Adhesive Bonded Lap Joints
- Goland M. Reissner E. “The Stresses in Cemented Joints.” J. of Applied Mechanics March 1944 A-17
- Kutscha D. “Mechanics of Adhesive Bonded Lap Joints: Survey and Review.” December 1964
- Lunsford L. R. “Bonded Metal-to-Metal Shear Testing.” ASTM STP No. 289, Symposium on Shear and Torsion Testing 1960 46
- Grimes G. C. Wah T. “The Development of Nonlinear Analysis Methods for Bonded Joints in Advanced Filamentary Composite Structures.” R&D Interim Technical Report Nos. I, II, III, and IV, Air Force Contract F33615-69C-1641 August November 1969 February May 1970
- Grimes G. C. et al. “Investigation of Structural Design Concepts for Fibrous Aircraft Structures.” I III February 1968 November 1967 Southwest Research Institute
- Grimes G. C. “Joint Efficiency Techniques.” Draft Final Report on USAF Contract No. F33615-69-C-1572
- Sessler J. G. Weiss V. “Nonferrous Light Metal Alloys.” Aerospace Structural Metals Handbook II January 1968
- “Plastics for Aerospace Vehicles.” Preliminary Draft-Military Handbook, MIL-HDBK-17 September 1969