This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Water Pollution: A Perspective
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Complex problems of maintaining environmental quality are closely associated with technologic expansion and growth; prime among these are the problems of water pollution and a degraded water resource. The intent of this discussion is to provide a reasonably comprehensive overview of water pollution and abatement measures in the industrialized United States, with some insight to public and private attitudes and policies with respect to pollution.
CitationWeber,, W., "Water Pollution: A Perspective," SAE Technical Paper 710062, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710062.
- , “Pollution Causes, Costs, Control.” Chemical and Engineering News (June 1969).
- “Report of the Third Advisory Committee on Environmental Sanitation.” PAHO Document TFH/2, Washington, D.C,(1964).
- “Community Water Supplies.” WHO Document SEA/Env. San./25 (1962).
- “Report of the Inter-Regional Seminar on the Health Aspects of Industrialization.” Dacca, East Pakistan, WHO Report PA/194.64 (1964).
- “Guidelines for Establishing Water Quality Standards for Interstate Waters Under the Water Quality Act of 1965, Public Law 89-234.” FWPCA, United States Dept. Interior, Washington, D.C. (1966).
- Nicoll D.E., “Legislative History and Future Programs.” Proceedings of the National Symposium on Quality Standards for Natural Water, ASCE, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor, (1966).
- “Water Quality Improvement Act of 1970.” H. 2334 Congressional Record-House of Representatives, U.S. Conggress, March 24, 1970.
- “The Cost of Clean Water.” FWQA, U.S. Dept. Interior, Washington, D.C. (1968).
- MacKichan K.A., “Water Use in the United States.” Journal American Water Works Association, Vol. 53 (1961), p. 1211.
- Breidenbach A.W. et al., “The Identification and Measurement of Chlorinated Hydrocarbon Pesticides in Surface Waters.” Publication No. 1241, USPHS, Dept. Health, Education and Welfare, Washington, D.C. (1964).
- Breidenbach A.W. et al, “Chlorinated Hydrocarbon Pesticides in Major River Basins 1957-65.” Report of the Basic Data Program, USPHS, Dept. Health, Education and Welfare, Washington, D.C. (1964).
- “Lake Erie Report: A Plan for Water Pollution Control.” FWQA, Great Lakes Region, U.S. Dept. Interior, Washington, D.C. (1968).
- “Regulations of Sewer Use.” Manual of Practice No. 3, Water Pollution Control Federation, Washington, D.C. (1955).
- MacDonald R.C., “Industry's Responsibility in Preserving our Water Resources.” Pollution Equipment News (December 1968).
- Weston R.F., “Management of Pollution Sources to Meet Standards: Industrial Waste Sources.” Proceedings of the National Symposium on Quality Standards for Natural Waters, ASCE, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor (1966).
- Weber, W.J. Jr., Hopkins C.B., and Bloom, R. Jr., “Physicochemical Treatment of Wastewater.” Journal Water Pollution Control Federation, Vol. 42, No. 1 (1970).
- “Clarification-Adsorption in the Treatment of Municipal and Industrial Wastewater.” Journal Water Pollution Control Federation, Vol. 42, No. 5 (1970).
- “Water Resources Activities in the United States.” Committee Print No. 30, 86th Congress, 2nd Session (March 1960).