This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Basic Electromagnetic Interference Measurements on Automobiles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper discusses the SAE Technical Program on RFI Measurements and is basically a tutorial review of radio frequency interference/electromagnetic interference (RFI/EMI) measurements on automobiles. The text is designed to provide engineers and technicians not familiar with RFI/EMI measurements with a basic appreciation of the measurements, the terminology used, the reasons for measurements, and how measured data should be presented. SAE Standard J551a is discussed. Given are background and data on basic descriptions of EMI and its effects on the environment; the basic history of electric field measurements and antennas; characteristics of receivers-including descriptions of heterodyning, mixing, peak detection, average detection, and quasi-peak detection-and a brief history of EMI receivers.
CitationMcKay, H. and Bach, K., "Basic Electromagnetic Interference Measurements on Automobiles," SAE Technical Paper 710027, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710027.
- “Reference Data for Radio Engineers.” 4th New York International Telephone and Telegraph Corp. 1967
- Haber Fred “Response of Quasi-Peak Detector to Periodic Impulses with Random Amplitudes.” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility EMC-9 1 March 1967
- “Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics, Requirements for Equipment.”
- “Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics, Measurement of.”
- “Definitions and Systems Units, Electromagnetic Interference Technology.”
- McKay H. Dean “Current Status Electromagnetic Pollution Management and Measurement.” 1970 IEEE Regional Electromagnetic Compatibility Symposium October 1970
- White D. R. J. “Methods and Procedures for Automating RFI/EMI Measurements.” Rockville, Md. White Electro-magnetics 1966
- Bach Kenneth W. “State-of-the-Art in Automatic and Computer-Controlled EMI Measurements.” Fairchild/Electro-Metrics Corp. February 1970
- DiMarzio Alfred W. “Concept in Computer Control for Frequency Surveillance.” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems AE6 4 July 1970
- “Ambient Electromagnetic Survey, Detroit, Michigan.” Engineering Report 69-15 Automobile Manufacturers Assn. Detroit January 1970
- “EMC-25 Interference Analyzer Instruction Manual.” Fairchild/Electro-Metrics Corp. Amsterdam, N.Y.