This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Reduction of Collision Injuries: Past, Present, and Future
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper represents a distillation and analysis of collision injury cases collected by the UCLA Trauma Research Group from 1960-1969. Injuries are interpreted with relation to specific variables which are thought to represent important factors in collision injury causation and prevention. The methodology is presented as one possible way to view transportation trauma in terms of factors which can be isolated and may lend themselves to manipulation in the cause of traffic safety.
CitationNahum, A., Siegel, A., and Brooks, S., "The Reduction of Collision Injuries: Past, Present, and Future," SAE Technical Paper 700895, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700895.
- Brooks S. H. Nahum A. M. Siegel A. W. “Causes of Injury in Motor Vehicle Accidents: A Research Strategy.” Archives of Environmental Health, AMA 17 December 1968 951 956
- Nahum A. M. Siegel A. W. Hight P. V. Brooks S. H. “Lower Extremity Injuries of Front Seat Occupants.” Paper 680483 presented at SAE Mid-Year Meeting Detroit May 1968
- Anderson T. W. “Introduction to Multivariate Statistical Analysis.” New York John Wiley & Sons 1958
- Carr B. R. “A Statistical Analysis of Rural Ontario Traffic Accidents Using Induced Exposure Data.” Paper presented at Symposium in the Use of Statistical Methods in the Analysis of Road Accidents Crowthorne, Berkshire, Great Britain April 1969
- Dixon W. J. “Biomedical Computer Programs.” University of California Press 2 1967 27
- Efroymsen M. A. “Multiple Regression Analysis.” Mathematical Methods for Digital Computers New York John Wiley & Sons 17 1960
- Haddon, W. Jr. “The Precrash, Crash and Postcrash Parts of the Highway Safety Program.” Paper presented at joint meeting of the Society of Automotive Engineers South Texas Group and Bexar County Medical Society February 13 1968
- A. D. Little, Inc. “The State of the Art of Traffic Safety: A Critical Review and Analysis of the Technical Information on Factors Affecting Traffic Safety.” Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc. June 1966
- Selzer M. L. et al. “The Prevention of Highway Injury.” Highway Safety Research Institute Ann Arbor, Mich. 1967