This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Distributions of Strength in Simple Fatigue and The Associated Reliabilities
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A method for determining fatigue strength distributions at specific cycles of finite life, given cycles-to-failure data, is presented and applied to steel and aluminum wire fatigue data. Methods for calculating the reliability designed into a part for a specified cycle of finite life are given and are illustrated for the cases when the level of the maximum alternating operating stress is kept essentially constant, or has a normal or a Weibull distribution.
CitationKececioglu, D., Smith, R., and Felsted, E., "Distributions of Strength in Simple Fatigue and The Associated Reliabilities," SAE Technical Paper 700658, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700658.
- Kececioglu D. Cormier D. “Designing a Specified Reliability into a Component.” Proceedings of SAE-ASME-AIAA Aerospace Reliability and Maintainability Conference June 1964 546
- Smith R. E. “Time Dependent Reliability of Components Subjected to Simple Fatigue.” Thesis, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Department University of Arizona Tucson, Ariz. 1965
- Bratt M. J. Reethof G. Weber G. W. “A Model for Time Varying and Interfering Stress-Strength Probability Density Distributions with Consideration for Failure Incidence and Property Degradation.” Proceedings of SAE-ASME-AIAA Aerospace Reliability and Maintainability Conference June 1964 566
- Kececioglu D. Smith R. E. Felsted E. A. “Distributions of Cycles-to-Failure in Simple Fatigue and the Associated Reliabilities.” 1969 Annals of Assurance Sciences, Eighth Reliability and Maintainability Conference Denver, Colo. 7-9 July 1969 357
- Kececioglu D. Saroni M. J. Broome H. McConnell F. “Design, Development, and Results from Combined Bending-Torsion Fatigue Reliability Research Machines.” Report to NASA under grant NGR-03-002-044 July 15 1969
- Lipson C. Sheth N. J. Disney R. L. “Reliability Prediction - Mechanical Stress/Strength Interference.” Technical Report No. RADC-TR-66-710 to Rome Air Development Center N. Y. March 1967
- Bompas-Smith J. H. “The Determination of Distributions that Describe the Failures of Mechanical Components.” New York Gordon and Breach Science Publishers 1969 343 356
- Freudenthal A. M. “Planning and Interpretation of Fatigue Test.” ASTM Special Technical Publication No. 121 Philadelphia, Pa. 1952
- Kececioglu D. Haugen E. B. “Interaction among the Various Phenomena Involved in the Design of Dynamic and Rotary Machinery and Their Effects on Reliability.” First Technical Report to Office of Naval Research on contract N00014-67-A-0209-002 1968
- Kececioglu D. Haugen E. B. “Interaction among the Various Phenomena Involved in the Design of Dynamic and Rotary Machinery and Their Effects on Reliability.” Second Technical Report to Office of Naval Research on contract N00014-67-A-0209-002 1969
- Finney D. J. “Probit Analysis; A Statistical Treatment of the Sigmond Response Curve.” Cambridge University Press 1947
- “Symposium of Statistical Aspects of Fatigue.” ASTM Special Technical Publication No. 121 Philadelphia, Pa. 1952
- Dixon W. J. Mood A. M. “A Method for Obtaining and Analyzing Sensitivity Data.” Journal of the American Statistical Association 43 109 126 1948 109 126
- Corten H. T. Sinclair G. M. “A Wire Fatigue Machine for Investigation of the Influence of Complex Stress Histories.” ASTM Proceedings 56 1956 1124 1137
- Liu H. W. Corten H. T. “Fatigue Damage under Varying Stress Amplitudes.” NASA Technical Note D-657 November 1960
- Liu H. W. Corten H. T. “Fatigue Damage during Complex Histories.” NASA Technical Note D-256 November 1959
- McCracken D. D. M. Dorn W. S. “Numerical Methods and Fortran Programming.” New York John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 1964